Chapter 44

Everyone settled into their seats comfortably as Naur continued the next record.

<Chapter 429: Trap (3)>
The large whales shot up through the water. The first whale to cut through the surface of the northern waters was a humpback whale. The ships could not handle the suddenly rough waters and started to fall into chaos.
"Move back!"
"Whales are coming up from the back as well!"

The TBOAH!Archie had a vicious expression upon his face, his eyes were stinging and his fists were clenched. Beside him TBOAH!Witira felt like her heart was going to pound right out of her chest. Even the Whale King TBOAH!Shickler was sitting with his hands clasped beneath his chin and watching this record with bated breath.

The first mate looked behind him after hearing the crew member's response before almost dropping the control key in his hand. He could see the vicious gazes of the whales that had raised their heads. He could then see their large mouths slowly start to open wider. They were getting closer. Some whales were moving toward the ships with their mouths opened wide while others were moving to slam into the ships with their bodies without any hesitation.
'I'm going to die. They're going to eat me.'

TCF!Shickler scoffed, "There a plenty better things to eat, Fool. Why would we eat you?"
"Yeah... I mean we might squash you or drown you..."
"Or maybe even slice you in two..." Paseton added with a huff.
"But we won't bother eating you." TCF!Witira ended her family's tirade with a click of a tongue as she flipped back her ethereal blue hair with more dignity and poise than was necessarily intended.

The first mate couldn't help but imagine the nightmare that would happen in a few minutes.
'...I shouldn't have gotten involved in this!'
Following the White Star was one thing, but he should not have gotten involved in this mess with the Whale tribe. What kind of existences were the Whales? They were the strongest force in the ocean even with the fewest members. Many aquatic creatures leaned on the Whale tribe for support. Any person of the sea should know not to mess with the ocean!

"Bastard! How dare you regret it now!! If you knew than you shouldn't have done it in the first place! Waltzing into our territory and expecting us not to show you uninvited bastards our hospitality!" TCF!Archie grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest and plastering a arrogantly smug look upon his face.

The first mate tightened his grip even as he imagined this terrible future. The key quickly started to turn.
"Grab the mast! All of you snap out of it!"
The whales started to roar as they approached the ships.
"Row if you don't want to die! Row until your arms fall off!"
The ship changed directions. Unfortunately, the whales were already right in front of them regardless of the first mate's hard work. Everything would soon be broken by those large mouths.

Several people clicked their tongues at the sudden flash of light that attacked the whale on the Palantír. Someone swore under their breath, but it was only possible for those with the highest sensitivity to hear it, so Grigori let it slide just this once.

A whale urgently turned its body and let out a cry after seeing a bright explosion. The whale's eyes were glaring at the enemy who got in his way.
"Don't worry about the whales and steer the ships!"
"Yes! Sayeru-nim!"
Black mages, knights, and Bears appeared with Bear King Sayeru in the lead to fight against the whales. Sayeru continued to throw the light arrows surrounding both of his hands. The arrows quickly flew toward two whales. The explosions were strong enough to shoot the water into the air.
"Damn it!"

However, Sayeru soon started to frown. There, on top of the two whales' backs...
A Whale warrior holding a sword that was dripping water and a different Whale warrior with a large podao* in his hand had blocked the light arrows. Their strengths were fitting of the Whales.
"Hmph." Sayeru snorted. "You think we didn't expect at least this much resistance?"