Chapter 98

TCF!Alberu decided for the sake of his own sanity and inner peace, he would ignore his aunt and great-grandfather's peculiar behaviour, Cale hadn't noticed either – and if he did, he was also apparently ignoring it. TCF!Alberu sat back against the couch and returned his gaze to the Palantír as Naur continued the record once the hall fell quiet again.

Rosalyn and Choi Han traded colours with each other.

“Oh my?!” TBOAH!Rosalyn exclaimed in surprise and shock. TBOAH!Choi Han blinked twice and then felt his face turn hot. Meanwhile TCF!Choi Han touched his black hair and pondered about something for a moment. Rok Soo glanced toward TCF!Choi Han and then chuckled under his breath.
“Hey Cale… which do you prefer, red or black?”
“Gold.” Cale automatically answered, he didn't even seem to think about it for more than a moment, and then two heartbeats of a second later, Cale frowned and stopped searching through the biscuit tray to stare at Rok Soo.

Rosalyn had black hair and black eyes while Choi Han had red hair and red eyes.

“Wait, what do you mean? Why are you asking me about colours all of a sudden?”
“Nothing, never you mind…” Rok Soo reassured him gently before carefully leaning toward the table to bring the tray of the biscuits he'd seen Cale eyeing closer so that Cale could reach it without having to move too far. Cale hummed happily and started sharing the biscuits between the three of them and with a content sigh returned his attention to the Palantír – almost entirely unaware of the chaos he'd caused within a handful of other people around the hall.

The crazy priestess and the Saint had their hair dyed to the common brown colour.

“We also used brown when we went to infiltrate the Empire…” Cale muttered nostalgically. He seemed to be quite relaxed again, and Rok Soo and TCF!Alberu shared a look before smiling at the well-fed and slightly sleepy Cale sitting between them. 

They all had masks in their hands as well.
Cale asked Harol a question, “Where are the patients?”
“Are you planning on starting right away?”
Cale put on the white mask and opened up his arms as he started to speak.
“Going to find the people in pain, going to help the people in need, that is truly the will of the lord.
Harol scoffed at how holy Cale looked and sounded before responding back sincerely.
“I will guide you to them.”

“It was amusing seeing him like that, besides, even if his words had been just an act, Young Master Cale-nim delivered everything he promised he would.” TCF!Harol informed his skeptical counterpart. TCF!Toonka nodded aggressively as well, and TBOAH!Toonka decided to keep watching instead of commenting and shouting like he usually would. He, like many others seated in the hall, was tired. However, these records needed his attention because they contained valuable information for him and TBOAH!Harol, so he had to keep quiet and keep watching.

The Whipper soldiers were looking at the pillar of fire with concern. This was especially the case for the soldiers creating a barricade around the pillar. It had been raining all night, but this fire was not shrinking at all. That oddness instilled fear in people. Trying to take even one step closer to the pillar made them feel intense heat.

“That is the Empire's alchemy. It's definitely the same as the fire they started in the Jungle.” TCF!Rosalyn spoke up in order to pass on this information to their TBOAH!World counterparts.
“But I don't think it exploded with dead mana…” TBOAH!Toonka frowned as he muttered.
“Hmm… that was a different trick they played on you. Keep watching, then you'll understand.” Cale advised them, glancing toward TBOAH!Toonka and TBOAH!Harol.

One of the soldiers looked around before whispering to his friend.
“Do you really think the Empire is responsible for this fire?”
“How would I know?”
“If they know how to make such a fire, won’t we all burn to death too?”
“Bad! What nonsense are you saying?!” The friend scolded the soldier in shock. He was glad that there were no higher ups around them. However, the friend saw the soldier’s expression and started to frown. The soldier had said that after shivering in fear for a while.
“No, I know it is nonsense, but I’m feeling uncomfortable after seeing the Empire run away after leaving this fire behind.”