Chapter 158

Upon the Palantír an assortment of reactions were happening as well. As he watched, TBOAH!Alberu thought about how his own revealing of his power had been in the TBOAH!World - it had been no where near as awe-inspiring or inspirational as this and he felt that green envy itch at his heart and weigh down his shoulders again. However, his mind was whispering to him that maybe, just maybe, since his counterpart was stronger than he was, maybe TCF!Alberu had been able to win against the White Star.

TBOAH!Alberu snuck a glance toward his counterpart, who was being pounced on and praised by Cale's children. The fact that TCF!Alberu had gone up against the White Star and lived was enough of a victory already. TBOAH!Alberu looked toward his father, TBOAH!Zed, who had a similar expression of curious hope in his eyes. TBOAH!Alberu knew that TBOAH!Zed had died fighting the White Star - however, TCF!Zed had never fought the White Star. This truly bothered TBOAH!Zed, who again felt the urge to grab his counterpart and strangle him.

TBOAH!Zed shot a venomous look toward his counterpart from his spot across the hall: Oi, you bastard! What the hell were you doing? Sitting on your laurels? You let our son fight that lunatic alone?!
TCF!Zed was embarrassed at his past inactions, but chose to feign being offended by his counterpart's accusations: I was... busy.
TBOAH!Zed did not believe the audacity of his counterpart: Busy? Busy doing what? You weren't even taking care of the kingdom properly, what in gods name were you busy doing?

TCF!Zed had no answer for that, he wanted to remind his counterpart about the Orsena Duchy report that he had been anticipating, but instead kept his mouth shut because in the end he had been wrong to neglect his duties and leave TCF!Alberu to fight alone. He knew his faults and accepted responsibility for his negligence.
TBOAH!Zed, however, was not done: Bastard, do you even know what his lousy half-siblings would have done if something had happened to Alberu?!

TBOAH!Zed changed his expressions - becoming angrier as he thought back on everything that had happened in the final months of his reign. He communicated these events to his oblivious counterpart with a scalding glare that would have felled any lesser man: That wimpy third brat was hiding behind his mother's skirt and fled, the second one was at least delusional enough to stick around to help with paperwork, but he was useless on the actual battlefield and almost sabotaged Alberu!
TCF!Zed didn't want to listen to his counterpart's nagging or the truth bombs that TBOAH!Zed was hurling at him with angry glares and furious huffs.

Kim Rok Soo who had been watching all of this the moment TBOAH!Zed let out his first agitated huff, scoffed under his breath and faced the front again as the Palantír continued, he did not want to think about the Crossman Royal Family and the drama that was going on with them during the TBOAH!World timeline and the TCF!World timeline.
"Honestly, Alberu Crossman was the only redeemable one from the whole lot of them!" Rok Soo concluded and then ceased all thoughts about the TBOAH!Crossman Family.

“W, what is that sword in his highness’s hand? General, do you know what it is?”
A sword made of light. A sword of light shining as radiantly as the sun was in Alberu’s hand.
“I, I don’t know. I’ve never-”  The General did not know the identity of that sword.

The Mage Brigade Captain started to speak, “That is magic! That sword is made of magic!”
“What did you say?”
Everybody looked shocked.
‘Magic?’ 
“That means-”  The vassal holding onto the General mumbled to himself. “A magic swordsman…? His highness is a magic swordsman?”

According to the record that followed the vassal within the Palantír remembered what Alberu had said while looking down at them in the throne room at that moment.