Kai Parker Imagine #1

As I was listening to Stefan's plan, I felt a constant vibration from my phone, so I stepped outside to answer it.
"Hello?" I asked.

Elijah answered "Y/N, I'm afraid I have some bad news."

The moment he said that, my heard sank into my chest. I think back to before I left New Orleans.
(Flashback)
"I have a task for you. This task would help get your mind off of things and it would benefit the two of us. I have friends back in Mystic Falls that need my help. Since I can't be there, I might as well send my best soldier for the job." Klaus explains to me.

"But what about Mike? I refuse to leave him Nik."

"Mike will be fine, love. He will be in good hands. I have my best witches figuring out what exactly is wrong with him."

"He is like a father to me Nik, I can't just leave him."

He stands from his chair and walks over to me.

"Yes, you can. And you are not leaving him. There is nothing that you can do here besides wait for results."

I sigh and say " Let me talk to him."

He puts one hand of the end of my chair and says
"Very well, sweetheart. Let me know when you finish."

He then kisses my forehead the way a brother would kiss his sister. I scoot back my chair and walk up to Mike's room. I knock and whisper

"Mike? You awake in there?"

"Yes." He responds with a raspy voice.

I walk in and say
"Klaus has a task for me--"

"I know. I overheard."

Worry washed over me.

"You know that you shouldn't use your vampire abilities. It will weaken you."

"I'm already weakened. "

"I'll find a cure for you. I promise."

"Honey, what have I told you about making promises that you can't keep?"

"Not to do it, because it gives false hope."

"That's my girl."

"I can't just leave you hear. In pain. This is all of my fault. If I would have paid more attention, you wouldn't have to come after me, and you wouldn't have got bit by that wolf in the bayou."
I say fastly while tears swell up my eyes.
(End of Flashback)

"Y/N? Y/N, are you there? Hello?" Elijah says over the phone.

"Uh, y-yea. I'm here. What's the bad news?"

He sighs deeply. "It's about Mike. He didn't make it... I'm very sorry, Y/N."

I could have swore I heard a twinge of cry in his voice. I try really hard to keep my sobs in but failed.

"What? How?"

"We entered the room to introduce a new witch with a new theory on his recovery, and he was gray, veiny and lifeless."

I cover my mouth with my hand to avoid Elijah from hearing my sobs. My eyes widen and tears came flooding.

"Y/N/N?"

A couple minutes later I say weakly.

"Put Nik on the phone."