Hello (1/2)

Y/N meets Elijah for the first time

Since the Mikaelson were into town, Bonnie has told me to stay as far away from them as possible. Not because they were trouble and could put my life in danger- though they could. It was because I am one of the most powerful witches in the Bennett bloodline. Other witches merely sense my power and steer clear of me.

According to her, the second that they find out, I would be a constant target. She doesn't want that for me. So, as my attempt to stay away from them, I've been working out. Like a lot. Running. Kickboxing. HIIT. The whole shabang.

When I was in the middle of running, I pass the Gilbert house to see a man staring at me from the window. Unlike most men, he wears a clean, freshly pressed suit. He has his hand stuffed in his pocket as he peers down at me. I find myself stopping and looking up at him.

His chiseled jaw tenses as his eyes sparkle with amusement. We both smile at one another.

It was almost as if I was put in some trance. Then a small voice in my head says, "Don't even think about it, Y/N. Keep on running." I decide to listen to the voice and run back onto the trail.

I have to change my running path. After all of the times that I have been running, not once have I seen that man before. The fact that I am drawn to him tells me to avoid him now more than ever.

**

I sip on my raspberry lemonade as I finish up some reading. "Well this is a sight that I haven't seen in a while," I glance from over the top of my book to see the same man from my run. He is still wearing a suit, but it is another type of color scheme. Nonetheless, it looks great on him. His dark chocolate eyes sparkle when they lock with mine.

"I apologize for my lack of manners. I'm Elijah." He says as he holds out his hand. I move to shake his hand but he flips my hand over and presses a kiss on the back of it. "Wow. This is also a sight that I haven't seen in a while." "I've never seen that before, actually. Where are you from, Elijah?" I add.

"Oh, here and there. I like to travel." He explains. "A man who likes to remain mysterious. I like that." I say with a smile. "You mind?" He says as he motions to the seat in front of me.

"Yes-I mean, no- I don't mind." I say, blush creeping upon my cheeks. "So what type of book genre do you like to read?" He asks. "I'm a stickler for fiction. They're so much easier to engulf your imagination." "I agree completely," "I didn't get your name," He adds.

"Wow, and you thought that your manners were bad. I'm Y/N." I answer. "Hm, Y/N, a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He says, making me smile. "Y/N, would you mind showing me around Mystic Falls? I've been around her, but I have a feeling that seeing it in your eyes is much more appealing." He states.

"I'd be glad to," I say, ignoring what the voice in my head was telling me.

**

"You did what?" Bonnie yells, making me wince. "You're going on a date with Elijah Mikaelson, even when I told you to avoid them!" She adds. "I didn't know that he was a Mikaelson. He didn't tell me his last name." I defend. "Gee, I wonder why." "He doesn't seem as bad as you guys peg him out to be." "That's exactly what he wants you to think. He wants you to trust him and put your guard down so he can attack." She explains.

"Look, I know that it has been a while since you dated. Since with what happened with Mason, but you have to be smart about this." She adds, sighing. "I'm just trying to protect you, Y/N." "I know. Well, I guess I will call Elijah and tell him that I cancel." The voice in my head was silent as I make my way toward the phone.

**

Truth is, I've been trying to avoid Elijah for obvious reasons. But no matter how hard I try, I always seem to run into him and he always seems to run into me. After countless times of bumping into each other, we both decided to see each other in secret. His family thought that he was looking for a witch to help, and my sister thought that I was out with Jeremy.

Elijah and I's secret relationship was scandalous and yet charming at the same time. We became very passionate about one another, but something deep down still prevents me from loving someone like I loved Mason Lockwood. Mason was the love of my life. We went to high school together and reunited when he came back from Florida.

I was well aware that he was a werewolf. I just didn't care much about the fact. Given that I was a vampire, so his bite wasn't lethal to me. The relationship was so much deeper than words, and then Damon killed him. And all of that was just gone.. leaving me craving something I know I could never find again. Not in this lifetime.

"Y/N, darling." Elijah says, snapping me back to my reality. The reality being that we are laying in each other's arms on a blanket near the waterfall. My head rests on his toned chest as I listen to his heartbeat. "Yes," I respond. "What's going on in that beautiful little mind of yours?" He asks, running his fingers through my hair.

"My previous relationship, and how badly it ended." "You don't think that our relationship will end the same way, do you?" He asks. I lean up and meet his concerned gaze. "I would hope not. Considering that you are can't be killed and you're immortal." "Your lover was killed?" "By the older Salvatore himself," I say with a sigh.

"I'm sorry to hear that, darling." "He never stood a chance, being a werewolf and all. The only advantage they have is on a full moon." I explain. "Was he the love of your life?" "Yes... just like Celeste was yours." "If anyone can understand how much pain I felt when he died, it's you."

He cups the back of my head and presses a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"Yes, I can." He states calmly. "I don't think I could find love like that again. And a part of me, questions this. Questions how this would end... is that so bad for me to say?" "Of course not, darling. But forgive me if I'm not focused on the end of our relationship. I'm more focused on the blooming of it."

"Elijah," I say, pulling away from his chest for a moment. "Promise me you won't make me fall in love with you. Both for your heart, and mine." I add. "Y/N, I'm afraid it's too late for the both of us to pull away now." He states, brushing a few baby hairs from my face.

We stare at one another with nothing but the echo of the waterfall whooshing in forest. His gaze makes my body warm yet cold at the same time. "I think we should go to back to my place. Do you concur?" I state. Him and I both know what this means. We've been seeing each other for a little over six months and we haven't had sex at all. We didn't have a much as a heated make-out. But that was about to change.