Kai's Return

It's been a couple years since Damon killed Kai. He was one of my best friends before Kai came into the picture. So you would have thought that he would take my word that Kai was going to leave Mystic Falls for good. But no, that didn't happen, he cut off Kai's head and he shattered my heart. I didn't want to stay there any longer so I packed my bags and see where the road would take me. It's what Kai would want me to do.

I settled in New Orleans and befriended The Original Family, Marcel and many others. Things are going pretty well. Camille, Hayley, Davina and I were having a sleepover. Until I had I small migraine followed by memories of Kai killing a waiter and causing chaos at the Mystic Grill.

"Y/N? Y/N, what's wrong?" Davina asks.

The pain of the migraine subsided and I say:

"I think... Kai is still alive."

"Well, how do you know?" Hayley asks.

"I had a premonition saying so. I know it's crazy because I'm a vampire and vampires don't have premonitions .... but I felt it. I think that somehow someway....Kai is alive."

"Well go get him girl. He's the love of your life, right?" Hayley adds.

"Yes."

"Then go get him!" Camille encourages.

"Ok. Ok."

I say and rush out to pack my things. In a couple of hours I was in the dreaded Mystic Falls. The minute I drive over the border, I felt a tug on my soul. Kai is here, I can feel him. I drive to where the tug is strongest and I see that it is some type of armory. I knock on the door and Damon answered. His eyes are laced with shock.

"Y/N! What are doing here?"

"Where's Kai?"

"How'd you know he was here?"

"I felt him. Now where is he."

"Down in the basement. Follow me."

I follow him and he tries to make small talk.

"It's good to see you, Y/N. Where you been?"

"New Orleans."

"Ah. I see you've met the Original Family. Tell Elijah I said hi."

I scoff at his response. He stopped in front of the door and turned to look at me.

"What happened to us, Kit Kat?"

"You. You happened. You killed the love of my life and you expect me to be ok with that?"

"The love of your life. Killed Jo and the entire witch coven."

"We were going to leave. And get the hell out of Mystic Falls if your brother didn't snap my neck, preventing me from doing so."

Damon sighs in defeat.

"And just for the record. He wouldn't have came out so damn heartless. If Bonnie didn't trick him into thinking that she would forgive him.... instead she left him in the very place that drove him insane. So come at me again, Damon, I dare you."

He stares at me in shock. I close my eyes and I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Damon, just please open he door."

He reached for the door knob.

"I'm sorry it had to the end this way, Y/N."
Damon looks at me with sad eyes and opens the door.