The Return of Kai Parker

My eyes were glued to the screen as I intend to complete my class work for my Business Essentials Class. Then my phone rang, I groaned when I saw it was Damon and answered it.

"Damon, I told you that unless it was a life or death situation.... To NOT call me!"

"I know, I know. But I think you will love the surprise I sent your way."

"Surprise? I'm not in the mood for surprises, Damon. What are you--"

My eyes dart to the door frame where a very familiar face leaned on. The air got caught in my throat when the figure showed his famous smirk.

"Kai?" I whispered.

"That's my name."

I complete forgot Damon was on the line until he said "From the abrupt pause, you either had a small stroke or you saw my surprise?"

"I'll call you later." I say, then hang up.

"Did you miss me?" I sigh and then chuckle

"That is THE understatement of my year."

I stand up from my chair and slowly walk over to him. His eyes stalk me and I come closer. I place my hand on his chest to feel his heart beating steadily. Relief and joy washes over as I confirm that he is real.

I hug him strongly and I feel him chuckle at my happiness. Several minutes later, I break from the hug and say

"How are here right now?"

"That's a story for another time. Because there is no short version of it."

I nod and we gaze into each other's eyes. I smile down at the floor and say

"I can't believe that you are here." He lifts my chin and kissed my passionately.

"Well, you better believe it."

Our foreheads are touching and we continue to kiss. He pulls me close to him and I wrap my hands around his neck. Our lips move in sync and he softly bite my bottom lips as we break apart.

"I'm in a need of a talk."

I look up at him and say

"Sure."

I pull him towards the couch and he sits while I lay over his lap. He has some trouble opening up so I teach for his hand and began kissing it.

"Its ok if you don't want to talk about it."

He bites his lip and says

"Ok." He pauses and says

"Where I was...... it was a cold and dark place. I place much worse than the prison world and that was a damned bad place to be in. Being alone, with nobody to talk to......  There in a huge world with no one to talk about it to besides yourself. It was hell.... but I think where I was, was actual hell. And I know everyone probably thinks I deserve it... I mean, I did kill my whole family, so I probably do. But....."

He looks deeply in my eyes for a few seconds and says

"I don't want to go back there, Y/N/N."

"There going to have to go through me to send you back there. Ok? They know what happens when they mess with the people I care about."

"What do you mean?" I look around embarrassingly and mumble

"Weeeeellllll."

"Y/N?" I bit my lip and hesitate to talk.

He lifted my hand and gave me a look. I sighed and said

"When you....... you know, I went off of my rocker. Meaning I turned off my emotions, and I just so angry at Damon that I tried to kill him.....repeatedly. I went on a killing frenzy and I was close to killing Elena. Until he called Elijah over and he erased the urge to kill him and to prevent the loss of life of more innocent people. "

There was silence until I said

"But then the anger came back."

"Hm... And how did you deal with it?"

"Sparring."

"Really? Sparring? With whom?"

"Alaric."

"Hm. I figured. You should have seen the way he reacted when I said I was coming to visit you.... Man, if looks could kill."

I laugh for a while and Kai looks at me. I stop laughing and say

"What."

"Nothing. It's just your laugh... I didn't realize how much I missed it until now."

"Awwww."

I lean forward and connect lips with his . He untangles my legs and lays me horizontally with our lips still locked. We intensely make out until the door flew open, scaring us both off of the couch. In the door frame revealed a very disheveled Damon.