True Love -Requested-

A/N: request for @anta_m

"Kai, where are we going?" I ask, trying to see through the blindfold as he dragged me to God knows where. "You'll see, pumpkin. Just be patient." "My legs are tired. Are we going on a hike or something?" Kai carries me in his arms and says, "Or something."

I cross my arms and pout like the little kid that I am. I could hear Kai chuckle and he gently bites on my bottom lip. "You're adorable when you do that." "I love you," He adds as he kisses my forehead. "I love you too." "We're finally here. You can take off your blindfold now." 

I pull off my blindfold to see that we were in the forest. There were hanging lights connecting four trees and a large blanket in the center of it all. There's baskets of food on all sides of the blanket and a laptop with Netflix ready to start playing a movie. And somehow, there was a faint smell of vanilla.

"How long did it take you to do this?" I ask, still holding onto his neck. "Eh, a couple of hours. No biggie." "No biggie? Yes biggie. I was—" "Come on, let's eat. I'm starving." He sets me down on the blanket and pulls out a chocolate pie from one of the baskets.

"Please tell me that you bought this from the store and didn't bake it from scratch." "Uh..." "Oh my God, Kai. I told you that I didn't want you spending hours on something for me. I'm not—" "Don't even think about finishing that sentence." He interrupts.

He takes a spoonful of the pie and ate it. He hands me a spoon and I did the same thing. I look at him with awe and he says,
"I know, it's great right. I should be a chef." "You really should be. Enter in some competitions. And I'll make sure you win all of them."

"What does that mean?" I take a few more bites out of the pie before saying, "I'll snap all their necks," "Of course you would." I smile innocently and he reaches over to wipe some chocolate from my bottom lip with his thumb. He licks the chocolate off of his thumb.

I set the pie down and straddle his waist. He pulls me down as he lays down and I land on his chest. I pull all of my hair to one side before kissing him. His hands slide up my shirt and takes it off as he kisses me again. He flips me over so I am on my back and he kisses my neck.

"We should leave Mystic Falls. Do some traveling." I say as he kisses down my stomach. He leans over me and asks, "Where do you want to go?" "Well I have some friends in New Orleans that are due for a visit." "I've always wanted to try their gumbo." "It's a date then."

**

Something was wrong, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I've been calling Kai all day and he hasn't been picking up. He went to get Chinese food last night and never came back. At this point, I grab my coat and drive around town to find him.

I call Bonnie and she answers with "Hello?" "Hey, have you seen Kai? He went out to grab dinner last night and never came back. I'm starting to worry." "No, I haven't seen him. Sorry." "Well can you at least do a locator spell on him and find out where he is?"

"No, I'm sorry. I can't." "Look, I know he's done some terrible things before. But you can't tell me that he isn't a better person now." I could hear Bonnie arguing with someone over the phone. "She deserves to know." "I deserve to know what?" "She's been driving around looking for him, Damon."

"Damon? What did Damon do, Bonnie?" "Kai's dead, Y/N. I killed him." Damon says. I was silent for a moment, trying to process his words. "Let me see the body." "Fine. Come over." I speed to the Salvatore Mansion, not caring if I get pulled over.

I jump out of the car and swing the front door open. Tears brimmed in my eyes and I say, "Where is he?" "In the basement." I vampire speed down into the basement and gasp when I see Kai laying on the ground, without life or a heart. I fall to my knees and pull him into my lap.

I rest my face on his cold forehead and chills roll all over my body. "We should have left sooner." I whisper. "I'm sorry," I add. The longer I hold him, the colder and angrier I feel. "I still love you." I kiss his lips one last time before leaving.

I rush up the stairs and break the broom in half. I push Damon into the wall and use my strength to keep him there. I practically impale him with the wood and he groans in pain. I push it deeper and twist it around so he can feel the pain that I'm in right now.

"Y/N, please. Don't do this." "I won't kill him. But if you interfere, I will." "For as long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make your life a living hell." "I promise you that." I add before snapping his neck.

I walk back to my car and place my hands on the steering wheel. When I tried to turn on the car, I started to slowly unravel. I cried loudly and frequently. I tried to control my breaths, but my lungs wouldn't let me.

**

For the fifth time this week, I bought alcohol and nearly drank the entire bottle. I was blaring Kai's favorite song: Knockin' on Heaven's Door. I was dancing around and drinking my bourbon like a crazy person. Now that I think about it, I'm turning into Damon. I'm turning into the very thing that I hate.

"Damn it!" I throw the bottle and expect a shatter. But when I don't, I spin around to see Kai in a black coat and skinny jeans. "What the hell? Did I really drink that much to start seeing my dead ex?" I collapse on the couch and add, "You've reached a new low, Y/N."

The stereo turns off and Kai says,
"Well I can't argue with that." "Get out of my head." I whine. "I'm not in your head, baby." I feel his touch on my face and my eyes widen. I hold his hand and look up at him with confusion. "How?" "Magic." I jump into his arms and say, "Please don't leave me again. Please."

"Wouldn't dream of it. Now let's get you in the shower. You reek." "Hey! Rude. " I slap his shoulder and he says, "I missed you too."