The Returning (2/2)

He has one hand tucked in his pocket and uses the other to hold my face.

"I have to check on my mother, make sure that she doesn't have any suspicions about us," he says softly.

"Okay,"

"I'm glad you came," He says, his eyes not leaving my lips.

"I'm glad I came, too." I say, stepping closer to him.

He caresses my chin and up my jawline. I lean up and rub my nose against his. He leans in too, but our lips don't touch just yet. We're both holding something back, but we don't know what that something is.

Something clicked in his brain and he pushes me onto the bed. He crawls over me and kisses me softly. I wrap my legs around his waist and pull him closer to me. He pulls away from my lips to kiss my neck and I gasp softly at the sensation. The bulge in his pants begins to press against my leg, and that was when he pulled away from me entirely. In the blink of an eye, he was gone; he left the room.

I fall back onto the bed with a smile on my face as I touch my lips.

**

Combing through my hair, I begin softly singing Safe With Me by Sam Smith. After I finish combing my hair, I pull back the sheets and get ready for bed.

"You have a beautiful voice," Elijah says from behind me.

I gasp and turn around to see Elijah leaning against the frame of my door with his hands in his pockets.

"Elijah, hi." I say.

"And thank you," I add.

"I came to apologize for my actions earlier. I don't know what came over me." He says, his gaze fell on the ground.

"There's nothing to apologize for." I say.

"I enjoyed it," I add.

"There's just something about you that pulls me out of character," He says, licking his lips.

"Would you consider that a bad thing or good thing?" I ask.

"I don't know yet,"

He locks eyes with me and he adds:

"Goodnight (Y/N)."

"Goodnight Elijah,"

When he moves to walk away, I find myself saying:

"Elijah?"

"Yes?" He answers.

"Could you... I was wondering if you.. actually, never mind." I stumble.

Almost as if he read my mind, he walks to the side of my bed and lays down next to me. He crosses his legs and sits up as I lay on his chest. Almost instantly, my eyes started to get heavy.

"Thank you,"

"No problem, sweetheart." Which is last thing I hear before I fall asleep.