Fallin'

Reader realizes that she's in love with Damon
It's been a week since Damon and I had our moment and he hadn't texted or stopped by the house since. Feeling guilty for hurting him, I am pulling into the driveway of his house to apologize. I get out of my car and make my way to the door. Before I could even raise my hand to knock, Damon opens the door. Tears trail down his harden cheeks and his nose flares with anger.

"Damon?"

Black veins crawl under his eyes and he steps forwards as his fangs start to grow in.

"You don't want to do this, Damon."

"Oh, but I do." He says before jolting forwards.

I put my hand up and give him a constant aneurysm. He clutches the sides of his head in pain and falls to his knees. A wait a few seconds to stop and ask:

"Are you done?"

He looks up to me with tears brimming in his eyes. Man, he is really messed up, big time.

"Damon, what's wrong? You can tell me." I say, kneeling down to his level.

"I thought that it was no strings attached." He groans.

"You and I both know that ship has sailed." I say with a smile.

"Katherine. It was Katherine." He says as he stands.

I close the door after I walk in and he adds:

"She knew where I was after the fire, and she didn't say anything. She went on with her life like nothing this happened between us mattered."

"Damon,"

He walks to the alcohol cabinet and pours himself a glass of bourbon.

"And even if she did, she wouldn't come to me. She would go to Stefan because Stefan is the better man. He is and always will be. Both her and Elena has confirmed that." He says, downing all of bourbon in one gulp.

"Damon,"

"What?" He snaps.

I walk up to him and pull him in for a hug.

"I'm sorry,"

His arms fall to his sides and I could feel his gaze on me.

"Hug me back, please." I whisper.

He does so and buries his hand into my hair as he rests his chin on my shoulder. I hold him until I could feel his breathing go back to normal. I pull away and say:

"Who needs that asswipe anyway."

He chuckles before I saying:

"I did. Or at least, I thought I did."

His piercing, baby blue eyes darken with sadness and I pull on his chin so that he is facing me.

"She doesn't deserve someone like you. Remember that." I say.

He nods and I add:

"Now, what can I whip up in that ancient kitchen of yours? I'm starving."

**

Damon and I lay bare in the sheets, he caresses my hair as I lay on his chest. We both sigh with content and I say:

"I'm sorry that I hurt you earlier."

"Don't be. I was being a jerk, and you put me in check. Thank you." He states.

"No problem,"

"But I, uh, I have a confession to make." Damon says.

"Damon please don't ruin the moment,"

"I killed Jeremy," he abruptly states.

I lift my head from his chest and say:

"You did what?"

"I wasn't thinking clearly. Katherine told me that she would never choose me. I was pissed so I went Elena and she told me the same thing. I flipped out and snapped Jeremy's neck." He explains.

"Ugh, Damon. Really? Out of the people to kill." I say as I pull away from him.

"No, no, no. I'm sorry I told you, please come back to bed."

"Damon, I have to fix your mess. Bonnie will probably call me any moment asking me to help."

I put the rest of my clothes on and as I make my way towards the door, he says:

"I love you."

Glancing over my shoulder, I say:

"Love you too,"

He gives me his famous smirk and I send him a wink before walking out of the room.