Mourning (1/3)

A/N: This part is to provide background information. The action is in the third part. Enjoy! 😃

For the past four months, Kai and I were traveling around the world, having the time of our lives. He's been trapped in a prison world for nearly 18 years, and he never got to live life. Everyone else were shunning him like he was a black sheep or something. Everyone else saw him as a sociopathic murderer who killed half of his family. While I saw a man who was misunderstood and judged all of his life.

I ended up befriending him. Since then, we became closer and we ended up falling for each other.

We were currently on a beach in Dubai. I was wearing a dark purple bathing suit and he was wearing black swimming trunks. We had swim race, which he won, sadly. I caught him staring at me and I was walking out of the water.

"What?" I ask.

"How can you be so perfect?" He whispers as he tucks a curl behind my ear.

"I have no idea... I just know that everyone deserves a chance at life. And Damon, Alaric ana everyone else didn't want to give you a chance. And now here we are, having the time of our lives in Dubai."

He sits in the beach chair and pulls me into his lap. His hands rest on my thighs and he leans in to the point where our lips are centimeters apart. Then he says:

"A vampire and a vampire-witch/siphon hybrid  couple. Who knew, huh?"

I press my lips to his and he deepens the kiss. I pull him closer by tugging on his neck. After a very heated make- out, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Y/N, luv. We have a problem, I need your help. Here in New Orleans." Klaus informs.

"How fast do you need me to be there?" I ask.

"ASAP."

"Copy that. See you in two days."

I hang up.

"Who was that?" Kai asks as he buries his face into the crook of my neck.

"Klaus. He needs my help in New Orleans."
I answer.

"Ooh! I've always wanted to go to New Orleans! " He says childishly.

"Great. And here I thought I would have to drag you against my will."

"Um no. Where ever you go, I go. There's no way I'm letting you out of my sight." He says.

"Kai, I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself."

"No. I care about you, Y/N. I've never cared for someone before. And with Luke's emotions and all, it makes things much harder. But one thing that I know for sure is that I love you and that I will protect you until the day I die."

I caress his face and say:

"I love you too."

I place a passionate kiss on his lips.

**Time skip**

Kai and I take a taxi to the French Quarter where the famous Klaus Mikaelson was waiting for us. I roll my luggage into the compound with Kai follow close behind me. He looked around and said:

"Yeesh! This place is in need of a renovation."

He flashes me and innocent smirk. I look and roll my eyes while smiling.

"Y/N Y/L/N. Long time, no see, old friend." Klaus' voice boomed through the compound.

Then he appeared right in front of me. I gasp as I place a hand on my chest. Klaus chuckles at my reaction and gave me a hug and a kiss on my cheek. Kai stepped closer to me and Klaus's gaze landed on him.

"Who's your friend?"

Before I could say anything Kai said:

"I'm her boyfriend. You are the friend."

I look behind me to see Kai with his arms crossed and his harden gaze on Klaus.

"Ahh. I see." Klaus says while smirking at me.

"Don't give me that look." I say playfully punching Klaus in the arm.

He laughs and Elijah walks over to me and says:

"Y/N, my love. It's good to see you."

He places a lingering kiss on the back of my hand and I could hear Kai's heartbeat escalate.
Once Elijah lets go of my hand, I intertwined fingers with Kai. I give him a reassuring look and caress his hand with my thumb.

"Awww. How sweet." I hear a velvety voice say.

And I automatically knew who it was:

"Marcel." I say with excitement.

"Hey there, sweetheart. Don't you look gorgeous?" He says walking up to me and eyeing me.

"How's life been treating you?" He asks.

"Amazingly. We've been traveling." I say with pride.

"Oh yeah? Where to?" He asks.

"We've been to the Netherlands, London, Brazil, Spain and we just came from Dubai." I answer.

"Well, my damn. You've been busy, huh." He says.

Marcel's gaze went from my eyes to our intertwined hands. Kai's grip on my hand tightened.

From then on, introductions went by much faster. Because I didn't want Kai to say or do something he might regret.