We Can't Keep Doing This

I groan softly as I lay from my side to my stomach. I bury my face underneath the pillows as the blanket is pulled over my entire body. I kept my eyes closed the entire time, not wanting to wake up anytime soon. But then I realized what happened last night and whose bed I'm in right now.

I was laying on my stomach on my bed as I play Connect Four on my phone when I hear a faint knock on the door.

"Come in," I say.

The door opens and I look up to see Elijah in the doorway.

"Hey," I say.

"Hello,"

"Is there something that you needed?" I ask.

"Not particularly, no. I just needed someone that I knew," he says.

"Is it just me that misses New Orleans? I mean, Mystic Falls is great but.."

"It's not home," he finishes.

"Yeah,"

"I miss home too. I was actually going to ask you if wanted to leave early. But then I realize that if we go back home, we go back to.."

"To lying to Klaus... and to ourselves." I finish.

"Precisely," He says.

"I don't know what I was thinking.. telling you how I feel. If I just kept my mouth shut, none of this would have even happened and I wouldn't have been lying to Klaus every time we see each other." I say.

"Do you regret it? Do you regret us?" He asks as he sits down on the bed.

"Of course I don't regret, I'm just.. thinking about how our lives would be if I didn't say anything." I say.

"Well for what it's worth, it wouldn't be nearly as scandalous as now. But what's wrong with a little scandal." He says.

"Now look like who's sounding like Kol?" I tease.

We exchange a smile and I saw the adoring sparkle in his dark brown eyes. He slowly reaches out and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Elijah.." I say, sitting up on the bed.

"We can't be doing this if we can't be together. It'll only make it harder to get over one another." I add as I pull away from his touch.

He sighs before he says:

"I know. I keep thinking that in my mind but when I look at you.. I just cannot help myself."

"Neither can I, believe me. There were plenty of times where I wanted to..." I trail off when Elijah locks eyes with me.

I chuckle nervously as I scratch the back of my neck.

"Yeah," I add.

I huff with annoyance before standing from the bed and walking over to Elijah. Elijah looks up at me and I hold onto his shoulders as I sit on his lap.

"Just once?" I say.

He runs his hand through my hair and pulls me closer as our lips connect. He pulls me closer and wraps my legs around his waist. He stood up with me in his arms and lays me on my back. He buries his head into my neck as he grinds his leg against my core.

I hold onto the back of his neck as he trails kisses up my neck.

"Oh crap!" I whisper to myself.