I Found Someone Better (2/3)

Y/N's P.O.V:
I laid on my bed eating kettle corn popcorn while watching Arrow; Olicity is my life.

I groan as I heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Who else would it be, gorgeous?" Kol's snarky voice responded.

I hop off of the bed and open the door. Kol held something behind his back and gave me a soft smile.

"Should I be worried?" I ask.

"No! Of course not. I just have a question for you..." He trails off.

"These are for you." He adds.

He pulls a bouquet of flowers from behind his back and said:

"Beautiful flowers for a beautiful woman."

"I'm nowhere near beautiful, but okay." I say.

I softly take the bouquet from his hands and say:

"Thanks... But what's this about, Kol?"

I sniff a yellow and white flower and close my eyes as I inhale the faint scent of Earth and pollen.

"I want to make you mine." Kol states.

"Kol. I.." I trail off.

"Why? Tell me one reason why you won't give us a chance." He states.

"Because I don't want another Kai, Kol." I say.

Kol walks in and I closes the door behind him.

"Who is Kai? And what did he do to you that makes you so untrusting?" He instigates.

"I have been around for eight hundred years; and I fell in love three years ago. Or so I thought it was love. He gave me attention and he understood what it was like to be outcasted. I fell for him instantly and I wanted to make him happy. He took that to his advantage in so many ways. A few months into our relationship, he verbally abused me by saying things like: I'm the only one who will love you for all of your hideous flaws. You're the most stupidest bitch I've ever met. The only reason I want you is because you're good in bed. You're an irredeemable piece of trash." I state.

"He said it so often, I started to believe it too..." I trail off.

"After he saw that I put up with the verbal abuse, he moved onto physical abuse. He didn't have to physically put his hands on me to do it. He would lodge metal objects into my body. Whenever he would come home upset he would.... either siphon away my magic or throw me on the bed and rip off my clothes. It depends on which mood he was in...." I add.

Tears escaped my eyes and I thought back to one night:

"I don't understand why you're too dumb to realize how much I'm screwed right now. My father went after Jo and he tried to kill her. Which means that he wants to prevent me from merging with her. Which also means that I need move up the merge date. Gosh, Y/N! Even Damon could get that, and he's an idiot." Kai rambles.

He closes his eyes he pinched the bridge of his nose and inhales deeply through his nose.

"I'm not dumb." I mumbled.

"What was that?" He asked.

"I'm not dumb." I state.

He stands from his spot on the couch and got really close to my face.

"Yes, you are. You are the most stupidest, worthless, weakest bitch I've ever met." He states.

"And don't you dare talk back to me again. Are we clear?" He adds.

I softly nod and he said:

"Good."

I turn my face away so I quickly wipe away a tear.

He holds my face in his hands and says:

"You know that I love you right? Despite what I say or do to you.... you at least trust in that... right?"

I softly nod and he pressed a kiss to my lips. The spark we once had, was gone. The kiss was lustful and empty; and it had no meaning.  He walked me onto the couch and pinned me down.

"Y/N? Y/N, love? Are you okay?" Kol's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Yea, yea. I'm fine" I say.

"Why did you let him do those things to you?" He asks.

There was a pause until I said:

"Because I deserved it... I didn't find love because I wasn't good enough for anyone. And the guy that was finally into me, abused me. So I thought that there was a reasoning for that. Maybe I am an irredeemable piece of trash after all."

I start to walk away until I was yanked back. He twirled me against his chest and said:

"That is not true."

"Yes it is! I'm the most ugliest, stupidest, weakest worthless bitch you will ever meet." I say with tears threatening my eyes.

He cups the sides of my face and says;

"You are the most gorgeous, strongest, intellectual and the most valuable woman I have ever met."

"And if you ever said that about yourself again, I will shower you in compliments and flowers because that us what a gentleman should do! I love you, Y/N. The mere thought of someone hurting you makes me want to rip their head off."

He wipes away a tear with his thumb.

"Give me a chance to love you and to make you happy in ways I know I can. I swear on my life, I'm nothing like Kai." He whispers.

"Will you give me a chance?" He asks and lowers his himself so we are on the same level.

I nod and a sob escapes my mouth. He places a lingering kiss on my forehead and held me as I continue to sob into his shoulder.