I Found Someone Better (3/3)

Today is Kol and I's five year anniversary. When he vowed to make me happy, he kept it.

I remember our first date like it was yesterday.
He took me on the balcony where he set up the most romantic dinner I ever had. He had rose pedals leading us to the table where two bright candles shined. Dull lights were hung along the railing of the balcony. My heart pounded at the sight of it. He cooked a variety of Italian dishes for me. He finished the date with a long kiss to my forehead and whispered:

"Good night, my beautiful."

"Y/N, babe. Are you ready to go?" Kol's voice snapped me out of thoughts.

"Yes. I'm ready." I say.

He opens the door for me and says:

"You look gorgeous, my darling. But then again, when don't you look gorgeous?"

I smile at him and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I don't know, you tell me." I say.

He bites his lip slightly and said:

"Never. You look gorgeous every hour of every day."

I chuckle and I press my lips to his. The kiss was soft by sweet. He hums into the kiss and pulls away.

He says:

"We have to get going. Because any longer and we'll have to have to spend our anniversary in bed."

"And that is a bad thing, because....?" I say.

I press another kiss against his lips and I swiped my tongue against bottom lip. He hums into my mouth and ran his fingers through my hair. Still with our lips locked, I close the door and push his hips against the door. He breaks from my lips and says:

"Ok. Perhaps I should cancel our reservation?"

"That would be wise. Yes." I said.

He pulled out his phone and called the restaurant. The line rung and couple of seconds and someone picked up. I run my hands down his chest and run my nails over his stomach, which drives him crazy. He growls lowly and I chuckle.

"Hello?"

"Hi. I would like to cancel a reservation, please."

*Pause*

"Yes. The name is Kol Mikaelson."

*Pause*

"Yep. Thanks, mate."

He hangs up and he pulls me closer to him. He pressed his lips against my ear.

He lustily says:

"You know it drives me crazy when you do that."

"Do what? This?" I say innocently while running my hand over his stomach again.

He throws me over his shoulder and speed me to the bed. I giggle as he places me down and crawls over to me. I intentionally slide back so that my back hit the headboard. I tuck my knees into my chest and he pulls me towards him by the ankles. He wraps my legs around his waist and arches his back against me. I tug on his neck slightly, signaling him to kiss me. He complies and press a long, passionate kiss to my lips. He caresses the back of my thighs and deepens the kiss. His tongues swirled against mine as our lips move in perfect sync. Soon after, I unzip my dress and slide it down my body. He pulls it off and tosses it on to the floor. He unbuckled his belt and pulls off his pants. I took off his dress shirt, revealing his beautifully pecked abs. He pulled off my bra and panties. He ran his hands down my sides as he took me in.

**Afterwards**

We were spooning while comfortable silence surrounded us.

"Do you ever think back to our first date?" I ask.

I turn my body towards him and he brushed a strand of hair my ear and says:

"All the time."

He examines my face and says:

"I remember how your eyes twinkled in the moonlight when you walked onto that balcony. It was as almost like you never experienced anything romantic before."

"Well..... I didn't." I say.

He intertwines his hand with mine and he pressed a long, tender kiss to the back of my hand.

"And now I'm spoiled." I add.

"I told you when you would say bad things about yourself, I would shower you with compliments and love, yeah?" He says with his British accent at its peak.

He trails kisses down my jawline and sucked on my sweet spot. I moan lightly and I pulled his head down my his neck, encouraging him to do more. He settles himself in between my legs again and just when he was about to, a voice pipes:

"Phew! Isn't it steamy in here?"

The familiarity of the voice had my heart racing. A voice I haven't heard in eight years. Kol rolls off of me and I jolt forward as I grasp the bedsheets, trying to cover myself. I look in my living room to see Kai standing there with his hands on his hips as he examines the scene in front of him.

I scramble off of the bed, trying to find my clothes. Kol already found his boxers and he approached Kai. I could tell by the way both of them were standing that was going to end badly. Originally, Kai was slouching his normal slouch, until he realized the height difference. He straightens his posture to appear more dominant, but Kol didn't care. That is one of the things that I love about him, his fearlessness.

"Who the hell are you? And how did you get in here?" Kol asks with aggression in his voice.

"Manners. Hi, I'm Kai. Her ex." Kai says.

His eyes traveled to me and that was the last straw in Kol's mind. He landed a punch to Kai's jaw and Kai stumbled back.

"Eyes on me. Why are you here? What's keeping me from tearing your head clean off?" Kol asks, trying to keep his composure.

"I'm here for her. And if you touch me again. I will insure you so much pain, you're going to wish your Mommy kept her legs closed." Kai threatens.

He looks up at Kol slowly as he lips away the blood from his lips.

"You get to her, over my dead body." Kol states.
Kol pushes Kai into the wall.

Kai smiles his devilish smile and I knew exactly what he was thinking.

"No!" I say.

"Phesmatos.." He trails.

"Motus!" I said interrupting his spell and sending him flying across my apartment.

I vamp speed to Kol and say:

"Go, get Freya and Davina."

"What? No! I'm not leaving you here." He says.

"I can hold him off. Just Go, Kol!" I say.

Before Kol could object, he neck was snapped. Kol dropped to the floor and behind him was Kai with his hand balled into a fist.

"I must say, I'm hurt, Y/N/N. You're all I thought about while I was in hell. Eight years later and you move on? Tsk, tsk, tsk." He says walking closer to me.

I walk backwards until my back hit the wall, then Kai boxed me in. Veins crawled under his eyes and my heartbeat escalated.

"Since when were you a vampire/witch hybrid?" I ask.

"A lot can happen when you're in hell for eight years... you had an advantage over me before, you were a vampire. But now, we're on the same plain field." He says.

He examines my face throughly and his eyes land on my lips.

"You're right.." I say.

Then I push him away and roundhouse kick him in the chest. He fell on his back and recovered from having the wind knocked out of him.

"A lot can happen in eight years."