Kai Parker Imagine #1 Part Two

"Y/N/N, luv--"

"You knew he went going to make it, didn't you!" I interrupted.

"No, luv. I would never do that to you. You needed some air. I didn't want to see you trapped behind my four walls any much longer."

My heart shattered and I slid down the brick wall, down to the ground.

"Why? Why did it have to be him?" I say through sobs.

"Horrible things happen to amazing people, luv." I didn't respond and Klaus then said

"You can come home if you want. But I would recommend taking some time to deal...... Be safe, luv..... I love you."

He says and then hangs up. I place my phone on the ground and broke into masses of sobs. I bring my knees into my chest and placed my head in my hands, with my elbows resting on my pelvis. The cool air caressed my wet cheeks and made my throat burn. I then heard the front door open.

"You ok out here Y/N? You have been out here a while and paranoid Caroline said she heard you crying, so..." Kai and I locked eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Kai asked with surprise.

And when I didn't answer, he walked over and sat next to me.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

I avoid looking at him but he lowers his face  to my level and says

"Ok."

We make eye contact and I lunged forward to hug him. His warmth welcomed me and he says

"My God, Y/N. You are freezing."

He pressed my body closer to his.

"I couldn't bare to go back in there and pretend everything was ok.... Because it's not." I say and then continue to sob.

He shushes me near my ear, which really comforted me. I loosen from his grip and wipe my tears away. Then I take deep breaths, so I can explained to him.

"Before you say anything, I need you to either come inside with me, or let me take you home because you cannot be out here any longer. "

I nod and he asks "So what will it be?" I whisper

"Home." He then lets me take to lead to his car.

I hop in the passenger side and he drives me home. He shuts off the car and says
"You want me to stay?"

"It's really up to you."

He lifts my chin with the crease of his index finger and examines my face. Then he says

"I'm gonna have to stay. I won't be able to sleep right, unless I know what's the matter."

For some reason when he said that, relief washes over me, because I really need someone to talk to. We walk into my house and the first thing that he says is 'Incendia.' and his palm is face towards the fireplace. Soon after, flames roared in the fireplace that use to be black and cold.

I prepare some hot cocoa for the both of us. But then I was interrupted by Kai's hands hovering over both cups. He was chanting something under his breathe and the cocoa began to boil to a point where they were steaming. He stopped and said

"Magic... Makes life a whole lot easier." I chuckle and say "Noted."

We both sit down and I explain to him what happened. His face remained the same, completely focused on what I saying. Time passed by as fast as my hot cocoa did. He told me about his horrible father experiences and about his childhood. We spent all of that night talking, until it died down and I fell asleep on his stomach. In front of the enchantingly warm fire on an incredibly sad day.