Blackmailed (2/2)

"Marcel," I say as I lay on the couch, watching as he does shirtless pull-ups on the doorframe. "Yes," He grunts. "Why are you doing this?" "To stay in shape and maintain my metabolism." He explains. "That's not what I meant, but what vampire cares about metabolism?" "This vampire does," he jumps to the floor and does push ups.

I bite my lip at the sight of his muscles flexing. When I snap out of my trance, I say, "I meant, why are you being nice me? I threatened to kill you and your guys and I called you so many harsh things." He stops his push-ups and lays my feet on his lap as he sits next to me on the couch.

"Honestly? I've had the hugest crush on you ever since Elijah introduced you. You're strong and powerful and you keep your morals to heart. And better yet, you're a natural born leader. This world needs people like you." He explains. "You like me?" I ask, baffled by his words. "Like is a serious understatement," he says as he pulls my legs so that I am straddling his lap. He leans in and captures my lips in a long, warm kiss.

I scoot closer to him and hold onto his jawline as I kiss him. His toned abs rushes against my stomach and I find myself taking off my shirt. He squeezes my thighs and I pull away to say, "The workout thing was used to seduce me, wasn't it?" "Yep," he says before kissing me once again.

He lays me on my back and attacks my neck with kisses when we hear a knock on the door. "A little busy. Come back later, please." He calls out before kissing my neck again. "Marcellus, this is important. I need to speak to Y/N." Elijah speaks, making my blood freeze in my veins.

"She doesn't want to speak to you or Klaus. So just leave her alone, okay?" Marcel calls, slowly sliding off of me.

I put my shirt back on and Marcel leans his head to the bedroom, telling me to wait in there. I cross my arms and point to the door. He looks at me in a way that asks are you sure you want to do this? I nod and he opens the door to see Elijah with an wiry, not groomed beard. He doesn't even wear a suit like he normally does. He wears a T-shirt and jeans. From the looks of the bags under his eyes, he hasn't gotten any sleep in a while.

"You don't have to invite me inside or say anything. I just need you to listen to what I have to say." Elijah says. I cross my arms and lean on the couch arm rest. "Y/N, I lied to you about Hayley. I lied when I said that I love her. I used her a distraction from you. When I had to leave you in Mystic Falls, it was the worst thing I could ever do. Abandoning you when I promised you that I wouldn't."

"You are the love of my life and not having you in my life makes me want to take off my daylight ring and wait until the sun comes up." "Elijah-" "I don't have to be your lover. Marcel is a good suitor for you, I just wanted to be in your life and I need to have you in mine. I know I made a mistake, could you please find it in your heart to forgive me?" He begs. He falls to his knees and I glance over to Marcel who matches my stature. He shrugs and says, "It's your choice to let people into your life, not mine."

I walk towards the doorway and hear Elijah's breath hitch in his throat. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. Please forgive me." My heart aches for him. I wrap my arms around him and a shaky breath leaves his lips. His hands hold rest on my back as he inhales my scent. "It's okay, Elijah. I forgive you." "Thank you," He says, sobbing into my chest.