Independence (1/2)

Y/N gets anxiety as she overthinks everything and breaks up with Kol for the smallest of reasons: his family.

Kol and I have been seeing each other for the past few weeks and things have been amazing. He treats me like a queen in and out of the sheets, but a single thought can't help but creep it's way into my mind.

He has his family that he looks out for, and even though that he says that he hates them, deep, deep down, he still cares for them. I already have trust issues from the hell I went through with my dad, I can't afford to trust someone that will choose someone else over me.

"You okay, darling?" Kol asks as he places a hand on my knee.

"Hm? Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking." I say.

"You want to talk about it?"

I glance up into his dilated, chocolate brown eyes and he raises his eyebrows suggestively.

"I have a feeling that it would upset you, so I'm debating whether or not I should say it." I explain.

"Okay, now you have to tell me." He says.

Sighing deeply, I take Kol's hand and walk into the bedroom with him.

"Darling-"

"I'm starting to question our relationship," I say abruptly.

"What? What are you talking about? I thought we were doing great."

"Where is all of this coming from?" He adds.

"I was just thinking, Kol. And then I realized that it was true."

"What was true? What excuse did you find so that we couldn't be together, (Y/N)." He asks, his voice thick with masked emotions.

"Even though that you say that you hate your family, deep, deep down, you still love them. Which makes your love for me compromised," I state.

"That is complete poppy cock! You know that I love you more than anything else in this bloody world."

"We both know how Klaus can be, Kol. How he can leverage the things you care about just so you can do what he wants."

"And..."

"And what?"

"You actually have people who care about you other than yourself. Me? I have no one. I never did-"

"But you have me," He says as he takes my hands into his.

"How long do you think this will last, Kol? Blood will always be thicker than water. You made a vow that is always and forever, for God's sake."

"Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah made that vow between them. I wasn't apart of it, I never did." He says, holding my face in his hands.

"Please don't do this to me. Don't make me regret loving you." He adds

"Kol," I say as I pull away from him.

"You know what? I think I get it now. You're too scared to commit. You've never been in a real relationship with anyone and when you're finally in one, you want to tear it apart." He states.

Tears of frustration falls down my cheeks and I say:

"You're right. I'm just a selfish bitch that can't do anything besides look after herself. It's not the first time that someone said that to me."

"I'll just find my way out," I add before advancing towards the door.

Kol vamp speeds in front of me and blocks my way to the door.

"Kol,"

"Look me in my eyes and tell me that you don't love me," He says, stepping closer to me.

"It's because of my love for you that I'm walking away." I say.

"Do you regret loving me yet?" I add.

"I could never, you know that." He says, caressing the side of my face with his thumb.

"My argument still stands," I whisper.

"I know that once you have something in your mind, it's impossible to get it out. Your stubbornness is what drew me to you in the first place." He explains.

"Goodbye, Kol." I say, before pulling away from him and making my way towards the door.

"(Y/N)," He says as he pulls me back by my arm.

He holds the sides of my face as he presses a lustful kiss. He lifts me so that my legs are wrapped around his waist and he lays my back on the bed. He hums when he intake my fingers through his chestnut brown hair. He pulls off my jeans and flips up my shirt so that he can leave kisses up my stomach. Scratching his back, he moans against my lips and bucks his hips against me.

He pulls off his shirt and I push him so that he is laying on his back. I press soft kisses up his toned stomach and slightly nibble at his neck, making him chuckle.

"Do you wish you had fangs, darling?" He teases.

"Shhh," I say before planting a kiss on his lips.

I pin his arms next to his body and gently rock myself against his hardening member. We lock eyes and I pull off his underwear before taking off my own. I gently sink down on him and throw my head back in pure bliss. He grinds himself into me and I match his thrusts. He vamp speeds so he is sitting up and that I am in his lap. He holds the back my thighs as he softly and passionate rocks into me.

I hold the back of his neck and bury my head into his neck as I breathe heavily. I moan softly and he captures my lips in a hot kiss. He pulls away from me and rakes his fangs against my carotid artery.

"C-can I..?" He asks.

I nod and he sinks his teeth into my fangs. He shoves so that I am laying on my back again and he rocks into me at a faster, harder pace. Overwhelmed by the combination of pain and pleasure, I collapse onto the bed whilst gripping the sheets. I glance up at the ceilings and notice the fuzziness of it.

"Kol, y-you are drinking t-too much," I croak out.

Kol pulls away from my neck with a relieved sigh and he stops his movements.

"I'm so sorry, darling. I just.." He trails as he pulls away from me.

I hear the sound of flesh tearing before Kol says:

"Here,"

He offers me his wrist and I gently take it into my hands before sipping some of his blood. I feel my wound beginning to heal and I slowly sit up.

"I am so, so sorry, (Y/N). I don't know what I was thinking. I just.. I wanted to taste you one last time before..."

I put on my bra and underwear and say:

"It's alright, Kol. I get it. It's hard to let go of someone you've grown attached to."

I pull my jeans up my legs and when I feel a level of heat behind me, so turn around to find Kol standing inches away from me.

"This isn't how I wanted us to leave off," he says.

"I said it's okay, Kol."

"Well it's not okay for me,"

I put on my shirt and pull my hair out from underneath it.

"Kol, we're not leaving on bad terms. We're just leaving." I say.

I pack a bag and walk out of the bedroom. Kol follows me downstairs and when I approach the door, he pulls the bag out of my hand.

"Kol," I warn.

He pushes me against the wall and cups my cheeks as he presses a lingering kiss on my lips. I find myself succumbing to his touch and pulling him closer by the back of his neck. He breaks from my lips and hikes one of my legs around his waist as he kisses down my neck.

When we finally pull away from each other, I say:

"Goodbye Kol,"

I grab my bags and leave the mansion.