Bonding (2/2)

The sound of crows cawing slowly took me out of my slumber. I groggily open my eyes and instantly regret it since my eyes had to adjust to the beam of sunlight shining on my face.

I use my hand as a visor against the sun and I feel like the left side of my body was completely numb and weighed my whole body down. I look over to see Kai's side laying on mine. He chest presses against my arm with his leg hiked on my neck.

"Kai," I say as I nudge his body.

He groans and snuggles himself further into my neck.

"Kai, get up." I say, wanting to regain feeling in my side.

"No.. I don't want to get up. You're comfortable." He mumbles.

"Well if you don't get up the I will throw you off of this roof," I threaten.

"I've been told worse." He says before he rests his face on my chest and dozed off once again.

I groan under my breath and shove his body off of the edge of the roof. He landed with a ompf! And when I try to stand, I slide off the roof and land on him. I felt the air leave his lungs and he groans in pain.

"I didn't think that through," I say as I sit up and crack my bones into place.

"No, not you didn't." He says with annoyance.

"Don't get mad at me. None of this would have happened if you didn't fall asleep on me." I snark.

I stand up from the ground and brush off the dirt on my hands and clothes. Kai is doing the same thing and I said:

"We should probably get back to the mansion."

"Or we could go to the Mystic Grill for breakfast." He offers.

"I don't know about you, but I'm starving." He adds.

"Sure, why not."

**

"Yup, that definitely hit the spot." Kai says before he belches.

"Time to go back to your suit-n-tie guy." He adds as he stands from the table.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"What for?" He asks, sitting back down.

"For busting out crying last night. I should've.." I trail off as I sigh.

"I don't know what I should've done." I add.

"Well if it makes you feel any better, I didn't really care if you cried or not." He says.

I chuckle softly and look up to see him smiling at me.

"You ready to go?" He asks.

I nod and stand up from the table. Kai places two twenty dollar bills on the table before walking out. He stuffs his hands in his pockets and I say:

"You know, you're not so bad."

"Yeah.. you say that now." He says as he runs his fingers through his thick, dark brown hair.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I ask.

"I know exactly what they are going to say when we get back. That I'm a psychopath who kills for fun and am incapable of emotion. That's usually what happens when I try to make friends." He explains.

"Firstly, I don't care if you're a psychopath. Because hey, it takes one to know one right. And secondly, I'm  not a judgey type of person and I don't care what people think. Nor do I allow them to influence my decisions." I say.

"And what about when they tell you that I killed half of my family because I found out my parents were trying to have another pair of twins so I couldn't be the leader of the Gemini Coven." He says.