How you meet Alec

Ok. Hold up. What the hell is that blob thing on the ground? What's that black sludge? Oh crap it saw me. Ok back away slo- SCREW THAT ITS CHASING ME. RUUUUN!!!!!!

Im not that fast oh crap. Ok look behind me annnnnd CRAP IT'S ABOUT TO BITE ME!

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

All of a sudden an arrow was in its mouth and it burst into flames. I wasn't able to stop my legs from running so I slammed full force into an extremely hard chest. I was about to fall when he grabbed my shoulders to steady me. I looked up to see a tall raven haired archer with stunning blue eyes looking at me with slight concern, slight disgust and as if this was normal?

"Are you ok?" What do you think. Ok be polite and.........My legs give out. He sits me and I scoot back up against the wall.

"Who are you?" I asked. Although he's hot im still scared out of my mind. I've seen they things before, along with other crazy looking things but they don't attack. They normally are forced to stop for some weird reason and I can just run away.

"That doesn't matter, did you get bit? Or even scratched?"

"Umm no. I don't think so." I look down at my legs and kind of move them about to check.

"How do you not know if you're hurt?" He looked at me like I was stupid before I snapped.

"Well some crazy demon thing that im probs hallucinating just starting chasing me into some weird guy with mad crazy tats. The tats that I have seen on other weird dudes with glowy weapons!!" I made crazy and gestures. My back feels sticky. Can this get any weirder?

"You've seen the shadow world before?" He had moved so that he was on one knee, crouched down and had been looking around before but know he was looking directly at me.

"If that's what that thing is from, then yeah. My psychiatrist just said I was hallucinating and gave me some pills." I looked around, Im nervous. People always judge me because I see things. Things they don't see, but seem to move away from subconsciously.

"You need to come with me. And you shouldn't take any more mundane pills." He stood up and pulled me up by the hand. We started to walk a bit. My back was starting to burn but I think its just because I hit my back against the wall a bit. Maybe.

"Wait, doesn't mundane mean dull, or of this earth that isn't holy?" (looked this up. I then understood why shadowhunters don't like mundane. It literally means lacking interest and ordinary) He looked at me curiously before rolling his eyes and looking away.

I started to try and itch my back. It felt like I was on fire and I had on a denim jacket. He looked over and just as I was about to touch some black sticky stuff he grabbed my hand and said kind of loudly

"Don't touch that! You'll burn your hand off." he looked around slightly, in clear panic before turning me round sharply and roughly pulled off my jacket.

"Hey! Careful I had to pay for this!" I went silent though as I saw him throw my jacket to the

Ground with a massive whole in it. That explains a bit.

"You um need to take your shirt off." He stammered slightly and his cheeks went a bit pink. I hesitated. I don't know this guy sooooo "Unless you want to be permanently disfigured?" At that I quickly yanked my shirt over my head and chucked it onto my jacket. Uh. I liked that floral tee. I had always felt connected to nature.

"Ok lets go." He balled up my clothes and put it in a thick bag.

"Hey." I stopped him, "Im not going anywhere shirtless." He just stuttered an 'of course' and quickly took off his leather jacket. He handed it to me with bright red checks and ears. I put it on and zipped it up and we continued are walk to the unknown shadow world.