Preference 42*Dance J.H/C.F/A.L

A/N: The initials in the title tell you what characters will be in it btw. I'll do the rest in different chapters. Possible another one to day.

Jace:

Jace and you had been having a stressful day. He had been on extra missions while you had had some issues with the clan. Josh, a newer vamp, had been questioning your authority while Raphael was gone. You had managed to sort it out though and were on your way heading to your flat. While walking you got a text from your boyfriend.

'Where r u?

I'm @ ur flat.'

(I can imagine him texting like this)

You muttered a quiet 'crap' and replied. 'Be back soon. Held up at work.' You used your vamp speed to get to your flat quicker. You rounded the corner and saw Jace standing by the door. You slowed down as you approached him and that's when you noticed the rain starting. "Hey."

He turned upon hearing your voice. "There you are." He gave you a quick kiss on the lips.

"You ok?"

He sighed. "Work stuff. Don't let it get us down." You smiled and started looking through your bag for your key. You were started to get faster as the rain got heavier. "No offence but can you hurry up."

Jace was covering his head with his arm and you could feel your hair getting soaked. "Ugh, where is it?!" You exclaimed.

"You did lift it before you left the Dumort?" You literally facepalmed and muttered a 'damn it'.

"I knew I forgot something." Jace sighed. "Wait, I'll text Lilly and ask." You began to phone her.

"Who?"

You raised an eyebrow as you held the phone to your ear. "Lilly. The one you meet yesterday. The ginger vamp." Jace nodded and looked away. Lilly answered. "Hey, did I leave my keys?"

"I was wondering when you'd phone." You could hear her smirk and your keys jingling. "I was going to tell you but you ran away."

"I'll come get them." You sighed.

"No need. I'm at a vamp café not too far from your flat. Give me ten minutes."

"It's pouring!" You yelled into the phone. After a few beats of silence, you added. "Get me a bloody coffee and Jace some normal coffee then."

"Fine." She sighed before hanging up. You turned to your boyfriend who was looking at you with a 'really?' look.

"Sorry?" You hunched up your shoulders. By this point your hair was so wet it was separating into strands. Jace gave up with protecting his hair. You grabbed his hand and put your other hand on his shoulder. "We've got ten minutes to kill. Let's dance!"

You started to make him spin fast in some form of dance. "I knew you were secretly a romantic." He yelled, grinning, as you both span.

"Shut up."

You danced in weird rhythms. Sometimes faster, basically flinging each other around, and other times slow and 'properly'. You didn't even realise how long you'd been dancing until you felt a hand grab your shoulder and spin you round. There you saw Lilly with an umbrella holding your keys and coffee with a raised eyebrow.

"What?!" You exclaimed with a smile. You could tell she was suppressing a smile as she tossed Jace the keys and handed you the coffee. She nodded her head at Jace then at the door. He got the hint and went over to let himself in.

You stepped under her umbrella. "You are such a sap."

"At least I have a boyfriend." She rolled her eyes.