Preference 15 * Your first fight

Jace: Family

Jace was meant to be coming to your flat tonight to hang out. You lived a couple streets away from the Hotel but still sometimes stayed there. He was over an hour late when he finally arrived.

"Hey babe. You lose you watch?" You joked, wanting him to know it was whatever.

"Ugh no." he mumbled looking annoyed. You switched the TV off and looked at him.

"You alright?"

"Uh, why is this so difficult?" You were confused to say the least. He could tell before continuing,

"My family hate the idea of you being a vampire. They refuse to even meet you!" He flung himself onto the couch. You just raised an eyebrow before saying.

"Really? J calm down. They don't like me, I don't like them. Its whatever." He sat up straight at that.

"Why?"

"They killed a bunch of vamps for no reason, wrecked our bikes, invaded our hotel, questioned our capability, tortured us with sunlight and oh that's right judge downworlders for no reason. Everyone in my clan doesn't understand why I like you." You didn't see the point in lying. It was all true.

"You cant hate my family! Some of that is true but it was mostly my ancestors. Alec and Izzy would never and Mayrse and Robert have learned to accept them." I just snorted at that, "besides you haven even meet them yet."

"Or ever." he looked at you kind of angrily, "look Jace, I don't want to meet your family. Maybe Alec because he's your parabatai but its not that important. They don't like me, I don't like them. Besides they're not your real family." You went to turn the TV on and ask what he wanted to watch but he had already left. Damn it! You always forgot how mortals were with their families.

You tried texting and calling but he didn't answer. You would have to wait till the sunset. So another 12 hours. Crap.

Clary: Forgotten Birthday

You had been looking forward to this day. Not because it was your birthday but because you had managed to get all your friends and girlfriend off for the day. You, Alec, Jace, Izzy and Clary where all meant to be going to Taki's for dinner then meeting up with Magnus at his for drinks. He had said his flat would be better than a bar and you could easily believe that. When you and Clary had woke up she said she was meeting Simon for coffee at Java Jones. Kind of strange but hey, maybe she's planning something or forgot to get you a gift. It was probably the later but you didn't really mind about gifts.

Izzy had said you were getting a 'birthday makeover' so now she was in your room, picking your clothes, styling your hair and doing your make-up(if you wear it). "Perfect (Y/N/N)" She grinned, "We'll be fighting Clary off you." You blushed heavily before sighing.

"Where is she? I haven't seen her since she left to see Simon." You slumped on your shared bed.

"Dunno. Well why don't you help me wrestle Alec into a jumper with no wholes." You nodded before texting Clary, to tell her to text you when she's back.

You and Iz had made Alec look presentable. And then some (doing Magnus a favour). And you were now in the main part of the Institute waiting for Jace and Clary. Jace came rushing in a couple minutes later.

"Hey guys, looking great. Sorry im late, I was training and the clock was broken."

"Its fine, were still waiting on Clary."

"Where is the little girl?" Alec asked, rolling his eyes.

"Hey! She's my GF, you cant insult her! I'll go find her. She must be back by now." You were mostly saying the last part to your self.