Preference 36 PT 1*How they ask you out

Jace: He came to the Hotel Dumort looking for you. He couldn't find you and the other Vamps took him to the leader, Raphael. He told him that you were at your own apartment but would only tell him the street name. He spent an hour and a half knocking from door to door looking for you.

One of your neighbours got sick of his knocking and came to your flat. They made him wait in the lobby. When you came down you saw him with some flowers, which were slightly wilted from his search. "(Y/N)," He got up. "Drinks?"

You laughed and took the flowers. "Wow. Why didn't you ask me for my number last time you saw me?"

"I didn't think vampires had phones, to be honest." He looked down. You glanced to the small window blocked mostly by curtains.

"Well the sun should be setting in ten so lets put these in my apartment then we can go, K?"

He suddenly got all cocky and flung an arm round your shoulder. "Eager eh? No problem babe."

"Shadowhunter." You laughed shaking your head. "Come on."

Clary: You and Clary had already kissed/admitted feeling at this point.

You and Clary were chilling on her bed watching youtube videos to relax. All of a sudden an ad started playing. "Aw man!" You whined, noticing it was mandatory thirty seconds.

"Shh" She waved her hand in your face and watched the romantic movie's ad. "Aw their sweet."

"More like corny." You said, noticing them on a date at an ice rink.

"I wanna go." She whined like a toddler and latched onto your arm. "Go on a date with me?"

"You don't need to pull the puppy eyes." You rolled your eyes and opened a new tab. "I'm already buying tickets."

"Yay! Its a date." She pecked your check and snuggled in.

Alec: Alec had been looking for you all day. He first went to Magnus's, where you moved in, and he was told you were at costa. When he went there and asked the flirty barista she said you had left ten minutes ago. He decided just to track you and found you sitting on a bench listening to music and writing in a notebook.

You looked up and took out an earphone. "Hey A-"

"(Y/N), I need to get this off my chest. I've liked you since you went and got me a new jacket since you ruined mine when we met. You're an amazing friend to my brothers and sister and you are an amazing and fun person. You make me more outgoing and I wo-" He had started rambling so you cut him off.

"Alec breathe," You stood up, smiling. "do you maybe want to ask something?"

"Oh yeah, uh would you, em like to go out sometime." He paused. "Like a date, yeah um?"

"Of course Alec. How could I say no."

Magnus: He had gotten your number from Alec the night you met. He would have text conversations with you every other night. He texted you, asking if you would like to hang out over drinks. You had said yes, thinking you were hanging out, and went over in your casual clothes. Magnus opened the door in his usual fancy clothes but without his normal lipstick.

"Hey." You walked in.

"Hello (Y/N)" He purred. "Would you like some white wine? Perfect on a first date I would say." He asked, opening the wine and snapping up some glasses.

"I-uh, um-eh-"You started stuttering. You liked Magnus but though he was out of your league. You thought this was casual. If you'd known you would of dressed up.

"Did you not realise did you?..." He trailed off, sitting the glasses down.

"No, I um didn't."

"You don't see me like that do you?" He sat on the couch and looked at you sadly.

"I do!" You said instantly. "I do like you. I'm just not very good at um the whole dating or reading between the line thing so umm..." You trailed off. He had perked up slightly and was gently smirking at your embarrassed state. "Do you want to start over?"

"Why not?" He stood up, grabbing the glasses and bottle in one hand. He snapped his finger and a portal opened. "What about in Brazil though?"

Isabelle: You were at the Jade Wolf with your pack when Izzy came in with Clary. Luke saw Clary and walked over "Clary! How are you? Is everything all right?"

"Yeah just wanted to see you." Luke nodded towards Isabelle, raising an eyebrow. "Wait and see." Clary nudged Izzy who's eyes were focused on you sitting in a booth on your laptop.

Izzy strode over to you, sat in your booth across from you and closed your laptop. "Hey (Y/N/N). Me, you date on Saturday?" She had an air of confidence around her even though you could see in her eyes her nervousness.

"Totally. Wanna go to 'the Blue' and see the stand up show at 9'?"

Although Izzy had no idea what stand up meant she said. "See you there." She sent a wink and walked away, swaying her hips. She walked over to Clary and linked arms, pulling her out. "What's stand up? And where's the Blue?" Izzy whispered.