Preference 32 PT2*Secret Talent

Simon: Cooking

Someone had to cook for the Blackthorns and that was you. You enjoyed it, it was the only time you got to yourself. You would make dinner for all your siblings (Emma included) and that didn't stop when you moved to New York. Since you were back there every other day it was just a better fit. You decided after two weeks to move in with Simon and Jordan. Simon was hanging out with Clary while you and Jordan were just lounging about.

He was playing video games while you polished a seraph blade, when he started complaining about being hungry. Since you had gotten a takeaway basically everyday since you'd been here you decided to make a curry for you and Jordan. Simon returned to the smell of spices and chicken wafting from the kitchen. "I think (Y/N) should pay rent in dinner. If its half as good as the smell they can have your room."

"What?" Simon laughed slightly, walking in to the kitchen. He saw you using a dagger to stir the rice and a pan of curry sauce and chicken. "Since when could you cook?"

"Since I was, like thirteen. Why?" You said with amusement to his confusion.

"I just assumed all shadowhunter girls couldn't cook. I mean Clary can only make a pot noodle and Izzy is trying to poison her whole family. I-I just didn't expect this!" He exclaimed, pointing to the rice you had put on the plates while he was talking.

You continued to serve the curry when you replied "I've been feeding eight to ten mouths since I was like thirteen. What did you think we ate? If we ate junk food everyday we would fail all our missions!" You took the curry to your roommate while Simon stood gawking at the curry, gutted that he couldn't have any.......Yet(Book Lovers Knooooooooooow!!!)

Maia: Photography

Maia was at the Jade Wolf, picking up dinner, while you were trying to work her printer. You'd asked if you could print some stuff off since you had run out of ink. She came back to see you fumbling with the cables and laughed. "Don't laugh at me!" You whined. "You've got some weird model!" She laughed again and helped you attach your laptop to the printer.

You put in your photo paper in the tray while she set the dinner up. You hit print and sat on the couch. Pictures started printing while you picked up your dinner. Maia however was observing each and every print out from your laptop. You were printing beautiful pictures of New York. Pictures of the outside of the institute, views from the bridge, the jade wolf, skyline, one of her, the hotel dumort. Everyone captured the beauty you didn't normally see. The jade wolf didn't look run down, it looked elegant.

She picked them up, careful not to touch the actual picture. "These are amazing!" She grinned while flicking through. "You could be a photographer with prints like these." She turned round to see you.

"Their alright I suppose. Did them on my friends camera. Should probably get one." You shrugged and continued to eat. Maia put the thought to the side, deciding not to press on. However the next day before she went home she stopped in at Magnus's.

"Hey Magnus." She greeted when he opened the door. "I need a bit of help."

"Welcome," He ushered Maia in. "No demons I hope!"

"No. I was wondering if you knew anything about cameras. I know its a weird question for you but no one else I know can even take a selfie so I figured with your age..." She trailed off, thinking she made no sense.

"Ah, knowledge with age, I see. I'm assuming its for (Y/N). They've done a couple pictures of my fabulous parties before. Odd jobs. They should probably have a decent camera I suppose."

"So?" Maia rocked back on her heels, feeling at a slight loss. Magnus waved his hand and blue wisps came out before revealing a box. A camera. Maia's jaw went slack.