Lightwoods*Snacks

The lightwoods were basically my family. We'd been raised side by side. Every memory I had involved one of the lightwoods. Jace and Alec were a team and Isabelle and I were a team. Together we were a family.

My secret snacks had been found and raided. I don't know if it was her, but I have a feeling Jace had something to do with it. Shadowhunters weren't too fond of keeping 'unhealthy' food around because that's too 'mundane' so I grabbed my shoes.

"Where are you going?" Alec asked.

"Someone ate my snacks,"

Isabelle rolled her eyes, "Just get an apple,"

I looked at her and made a face, "Ew," I can't believe her sometimes, "I'm hungry. I need sugar,"

"Its 9 at night," Alec said, "It could be dangerous,"

"So? I'm a shadowhunter. I can deal with a couple dumb mundane," I grabbed my coat, shrugging it on, and checking for my wallet, "Be back soon,"

"You're being stupid," Alec called after me.

"I've got my Stele, I'll grab a seraph blade, you need to calm down," I rolled my eyes, "See ya,"

It wasn't exactly warm, and I don't love the dark, so I walked quicker than usual. There was a corner shop just around the corner that was open to 10 so I made my way down the path. Why was I freaking out? Like I said I'm a shadowhunter, mundane can't even see me right now. Why worry?

The logic didn't stop the hair on the back of my neck sticking up. The shop was deserted apart from Tom behind the till. I had to unrune myself so I could check out. "Didn't even see you come in," He grinned, bags under his eyes, as he rung up my snacks.

"That tired huh?" I joked as I paid.

"Get home safe kid," he said as I exited the shop.

Sure, I got way too many snacks, but I would spread them out. Still, I glanced into the bag, seeing how much id got when I heard "Hey!" Crap I forgot to rune myself. "You, wait!" They said.

"You, piss off," I muttered. When I heard feet slapping against concrete, getting louder and louder, I reached into my jacket and grabbed my seraph blade. I turned around, the blade shinning out. "I said piss off!" My face fell. There was no one there.

A hand grabbed my elbow, twisting me till I was on the ground. I could barely move my arm let alone strike at them. The blade was ripped out my hand and I felt something press against the back of my neck, "And I said wait," The muttered.

a burning sensation ran along my back. It was too familiar. It was a rune. I began thrashing when spots began to appear in my vision, and everything went black.

Valentine was the first thing I saw when I woke up. "you're finally awake," He grinned. The smile dropped, "Now you're going to answer some questions,"

In the time valentine had captured me the only runes I'd had on was the agony rune. Valentine was persistent, making me relive mistakes and feel things I couldn't describe. The lights were on 24/7. I have no clue what day it is or how long id been here. Sleep was impossible.

I wasn't the only one. Often, I heard feet scuffling and chains clanking as more people were dragged into a cell. The sound of doors slamming and the echoing of screams. The silence was the worst. You didn't know if they were listening.

The rooms were small. You could lay down diagonally or curl up and lay down normally. For every 'good thing,' you did you got a reward. Pillows, blankets, better food. Every bad thing meant pain. Downworlders would be runed which would almost kill them, shadowhunters got agony runes.