Alec*Babysitting

A/N: I feel like every one should babysit (Y/N) Bane because they'll get a good story

Alec was out of his comfort zone on so many levels since he was dating Magnus. A downworlder, a massive age gap, coming out were a few of the things he was a little on edge about. But it was worth it.

Something he hadn't known, to begin with, was that Magnus had a roommate. A young warlock named (Y/N) he had taken in under his wing years ago. Magnus had told him early on about the young warlock but they hadn't met. Not properly.

Because of Valentine coming after the downworlders he sent (Y/N) to live with their aunt Tessa. Magnus said as soon as Valentine was defeated they would be coming straight home.

Valentine had finally been killed a couple days ago. Unknown to Alec Magnus had already sent a fire message to Tessa and (Y/N) was already packing.

The shrill buzzer woke Alec up. Groaning he sat up and looked down at the warlock who's arm was wrapped around his waist. Alec manoeuvred carefully to get out of his boyfriend's grip without waking him.

Alec walked to the buzzer and cringed as it rang again. Alec pressed the button "Who is it?" He didn't even try his boyfriend's high warlock rant.

"Alec? It's Tessa."

Alec pressed the button to let her in. since it was Tessa Alec opted to throw on a shirt before heading to the door. He opened the door when she knocked "Hey, Magnus didn't say you were-"

"Papa!"

Alec stopped, stunned as a little warlock ran passed him. spinning round he saw Magnus scooping the child up. It took a moment for it to click.

"Alexander," Magnus smiled, still looking at the child who had buried their head in his shoulder, "Meet (Y/N)."

Whenever Alec spent time with (Y/N) Magnus was there. Not once had he been alone with the child and he was kinda glad. Despite being a Shadowhunter he was terrified to be left alone with (Y/N). sure he had taken care of Max when he was younger but this was Magnus's kid.

"Alec, darling." Magnus snapped Alec from his thoughts.

"Mm?"

"I need to go see a client tomorrow." Alec nodded, not understanding yet "So, I was thinking it would be the perfect opportunity for you to spend time with (Y/N)."

Alec's eyes widened. "Um, are you sure? I mean surely they-"

Magnus cut Alec off with a peck on the lips. "Alec, you'll be fine. (Y/N) won't bite your head off. Or is the big bad Shadowhunter too scared to babysit?" He teased.

"I'm not scared-"

"Great, I need to leave at 10."

Alec would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous. After finding out he would be looking after (Y/N) he phoned Izzy asking what little kids like. "Why don't you show them your weapons. Kids love weapons."

"They're a warlock Iz. Not a Shadowhunter."

Izzy sighed. "I don't know, that's what Max liked! Play some games or something. Surely they have toys."

"Yeah, I guess."

"You'll be fine Alec. Kids love you, then they grow up and see sense."

"Hey!"

Magnus had slept in meaning he was so frantic to leave he only had time to kiss Alec's check and yell good luck as he stepped through the portal. "Papa?" Alec turned to see (Y/N) walk into the living room, clearly just woken up. "Wheres papa?"