Jem*Secret Sleep Over

I've been dating Jem for around 2 weeks now. The thing is...were not exactly public.

It's not that we aren't proud of each other but with everything that happened with Tessa, Jem, Will and all the other drama, not to mention Charlotte's pregnancy, we don't want to be the focus of attention. Will would probably never stop making innuendos, Tessa would try and make sure we're being proper and we just don't there to be a fuss.

It had been a relatively calm day today, which is surprising. I had gotten ready for bed about an hour ago but I still can't sleep! Looking at the clock I feel defeated as I saw the time; 1:30 am. Ok so maybe more than an hour.

It's too quiet to sleep. I know I'm not going to sleep anytime soon so I decide to at least get a drink. I didn't activate my silencing rune since most likely everyone is asleep anyway. I go to the kitchen and grab a glass of water and head back to bed, unaware of Jem stirring in his sleep.

I try laying back in bed but after another 10 minutes, I get up frustrated. For some reason, I decide to go for a walk around the institute. But once I passed Jem's door I stopped. Maybe he's up? Taking in a deep breath I knock on the door.

It's quiet for a couple moments. I sigh and go to continue walking, assuming he's asleep. The sound of the door creaking open stops me. I turn to stand face to face with a sleepy Jem. His hairs kind of a mess and he's in his pyjamas, causing me to look down bashfully. "Did I wake you?" I whisper.

He's about to answer when we hear the sound of feet. Jem grabs my wrist and pulls me in, shutting the door gently behind me. We stay frozen for a moment as the person walking continues. They seem to stop outside of the door for a moment. Jem holds his finger up to his lips, symbolising to be quiet.

The person continues and once the sound of feet padding along is gone we let out a sigh of relief. "It's late, shouldn't you be asleep?" Jem asked. His voice showed his tiredness as did his drooping eyes.

"I wish. I-I can't sleep and don't know what to do so I came here." I began rubbing the back of my neck. "Sounds a bit stupid now I say it aloud."

His face softens and he lifted my chin, making me face him. "Not stupid at all." He pecked my lips and smiled. "Nothing you do is stupid, qīn ài de (darling)" He moved back and walked to his bed and lay down. He patted the space next to him. "Come cuddle. Maybe it'll help you sleep."

I smiled and lay next to him. "You just want me in bed with you."

"Is that a crime?" He teased.

I snuggled into his side and ran one of my hands through his messy silver hair. He stopped me, grabbing my hand gently. "As amazing as that feels, qīn ài de, it'll put me to sleep." He kissed my forehead and I heard him stifle a yawn.

"Sleep if you want." I went to get out of bed but he pulled me in closer. "Jem, you need sleep."

"Stay here tonight." He picked up my hand and began playing with my fingers. He looked beautiful in the little light in his room. looking at him made me realise I didn't care if someone walked in.

I lay my head down and answered "Ok."

We talked a bit more about pointless things but we fell asleep quicker than I ever have before.

3rd POV

It was a peaceful slumber, well until Will showed up. "James! Get your lazy arse up-" His yelling subsided as he noticed the human-sized lump under the covers with Jem.

Jem had woken up from the shadowhunter and was glaring at him. "Be quiet you imbecile! (Y/N)'s sleeping." He spoke softly, as to not wake up (Y/N) who had somehow managed to sleep through Will's outburst.

"What do we have here?" Will asked in a mocking tone as he walked towards the bed.

"A duck if you don't shut it." A voice below the duvet grumbled.

Reader POV

I tried to be fake asleep but sometimes I want to punch Will in the throat! I sat up and looked at the menace himself. "You wouldn't dare." He proclaimed.

"Try me." Will went quiet.

A smirk was quickly upon his face though. "So does this mean you two are..."

"Yes William," Jem said in a monotones voice. "We are together."

"I knew it!" Will hollered as he jumped in the air in celebration. He sprinted to the door and yelled out into the corridor. "Henry! You owe me a new blade! James and (Y/N) are finally one!"

"Will!" I said hastily. "This isn't exactly how we wanted to tell everyone."

Will put on a smug smile. "As much as I care about you two, there is a huge betting ring going on about when you two would finally shack up." Will clapped his hands together and said: "Now I need to go collect my riches."

I sighed and flopped back onto Jems bed. "How do you deal with him?"

Jem sighed. "I don't honestly know anymore. I suppose it had to come out at some point."

Wills head suddenly popped back in the door. "Have you to snogged yet? Bet with Magnus you see and-" Jem through his pillow at Will. "Point taken James."

lete=!1}};BO