Alec*Insecure

A/N: There is no reason to be insecure. You're perfect to at least one person and I hope your perfect to you.

Also do you want some more lgbt imagines? (girl X girl, person X trans!reader etc) If so who and what?

Alec X Male!reader

Magnus had taken me in when I was young and found out I was a warlock. I was lucky and my parents didn't shame me, but I did live with Magnus for a long time just till I could control my magic. My family grew up and I didn't. it has been well over 100 years since my mother died.

Now I live in Brooklyn not too far from Magnus. This had actually happened by total coincidence, but it was quite good. I'd visit Magnus regularly as over the years we'd became very close and I was basically his brother. Because of this, he trusted me enough with a key.

I remember the first time I met Alec I had let myself into the apartment to see a demon try and kill a group of shadowhunters and Magnus. Just in time, I thought, as I was able to use my own magic to restrain the demon before a girl with long dark hair killed it.

And that was the super romantic way I met my boyfriend. How sweet. Despite our not so lovely meeting, we had a lovely relationship. Dates every Saturday, making out like teenagers, complaining to no end, and loving everything about the other. Well apart for Alec's affinity for clothes that were basically falling apart.

Before I'd met Alec I never really wanted to work out because, well I'm lazy. But when you date someone who's so obviously hotter than you are you feel the need to get 'in their league'. I know who's the attractive one in our relationship and I was mostly fine with it till people kept trying to chat him up when I was right next to him.

I decided to do something crazy; join a gym. I know, crazy right? It wasn't too bad though. Sure, all the big muscly men were intimidating and the insta selfie chicks were annoying and vain, but I nodded in solidarity to my fellow chubby people who were trying. 

One night when Alec was over at mine we were watching a movie, but we didn't really care. We were cuddling on the couch, his head on my chest, when he turned to me, "Have you been working out?"

I shrugged, not wanting to make it a big deal, "A bit. Their um was a discount on the gym down the road. Forgot to mention," I lied. Well, it wasn't really a lie but still. I didn't want to say, 'you're too hot so I'm trying to catch up'.

He rolled his eyes but was grinning, "Just come to the institute. I'll give you clearance. We've got better stuff than the mundane anyway,"

"Yeah, that would be cool. If it's not a problem, of course," I said, kinda hoping I didn't have to.

"It'll be fine. I'll show you around tomorrow,"

And he did. And I hated it. sure, everything was so much obviously better plus they had archery, throwing knives, and combat rooms. What they didn't have were the chubsters. Sure, it was awkward to work out at a mundane gym with bodybuilders, but chances are there were 3 big guys for every muscly guy if not more. And we all understood we looked like crap and it wasn't a big deal. That's not the case here.

All the shadowhunters were fit. More fit than the bodybuilders. For everyone rep I did Alec had already done 2 almost 3 clearly not even trying. Plus, it was busy. Really busy. Not like with girls taking photos or guys chatting up the girls taking photos. I think Alec noticed I was uncomfortable (plus I was the only warlock) and suggested we go to the boxing room which was basically empty.

There was only one guy who was practising on some bag thing I didn't know the name of. He gave me a strange look when I saw him. Alec tossed me some gloves. "I'll hold the bag," he told me.

I smiled at him while internally screaming. Alec didn't struggle to hold the bag with my punches. eventually, I was sweating like hell. "Do you want to take your shirt off?" Alec asked.

He'd already taken his off, as well with a lot of shadowhunter men, to reveal a body sculpted by gods, "Yeah I'm fine," I waved him off.

"Okay, what is up with you? You've barely said a word all day," Alec said sounding fed up. I sighed and looked down. "What's wrong?" he asked, voice softer.

I finally look up and his sincerity was clear in his eyes. magnus always said to be honest, "Look it's just, it's just you and everyone else here is hot and I can barely keep up. I'm literally the only one here without a six-pack," I crossed my arms.

"That's why you're so moody?" Alec chuckled. I frowned and looked down, "No babe," he stopped himself, lifting my chin up to make me look at him, "you're perfect. You don't need a six pack to be hot,"

"Look it's just annoying. you're clearly the good looking one in this relationship. I was just trying to catch up."

Alec looked genuinely sad, "Hey, don't say that. I think you're incredibly good looking," I rolled my eyes, "Seriously. Your handsome, you've got an amazing face, not to mention your ass," I was red already, "Plus if you were all crazy muscly it would be like sleeping on a plank of wood. I love you like you. If you want to work out because you like it I'm all for that but don't do it for me."

I sighed, "I'm just so sick of feeling like crap."

Alec grabbed my hands, taking off my gloves, "C'mon, let's get out of here. I'll show you how perfect you really are and I'll keep doing it till you believe me."