How you meet Tessa

Tessa's pov

I was visiting Magnus and Alec because neither was that busy. Or so I thought. "But Mag's what if this is another Clary situation? You know how well anything involving her goes!" Magnus sighed.

"Alexander, darling....." He trailed off noticing me, "Hey Tess. Im so sorry I forgot, we've been really busy."

"Strange, when you sent me a fire message you said before it said that you were finally having some down time. That was two days ago." I said putting my hand on my hip.

"A lot can happen in two days," Alec said this time. He looked to Magnus and sighed. "We found evidence that more than one shadowhunter's escaped the night of the uprising. The Fairfoxes manor had been destroyed and the family was gone. Some of the circle members claimed to have 'taken care' of one of Valentines enemies. Recently we discovered that the circle member's who had said that were brothers of (Y/M/N) Blackblood and that they were covering their sisters tracks."

"What do you mean?" Is their more shadowhunters out there like Jocelyn?

"The Clave found a family heirloom being sold by an unseelie," Magnus said. "They are trying to trace it back but there is a powerful block on it. Alexander was asking me to try and well, we aren't quite able to pinpoint them."

"Oh. How many people went missing that night?"

"Only (Y/M/N) and (Y/F/N) Fairfox. Although there are people who said they were expecting."

I tensed up thinking of my own unmarked mother. I cant let that happen again. Magnus noticed me tensing up and said,

"If they were they would of protected them. Might of even marked them in private."

"Were did you say they were?"

"(Y/H/T), why?" Alec asked.

"I could change and then we know who were looking for." I suggest.

"We?" Magnus asked. I nodded.

That night I had changed and took on the appearance of (Y/F/N) Fairfox and now we are looking for him in the town Magnus had tracked. It was me, Magnus, Alec, Jace, Clary and Izzy. We split into three groups. The parabatai together, the two teen girls, and me and Magnus. I saw him leave a house and nudged Magnus. He nodded and went after him while I went up to the house. I knocked on the door and a minute later it was answered by a seventeen year old girl/boy/other. They were breath taking so when they asked "May I help you?" It took me a couple of seconds.

"Hi im looking for (Y/M/N). Im a close friend of hers."

"Oh she is out the now. She should be back in a couple minutes if you want to come in and wait." As I went to walk in they stopped me with her arm "Wait, how do I know your telling the truth?"

Luckily I had the ring on me. Hopefully they have seen it. I pulled it off my finger and said,

"She lent me this ring. I don't know if you recognise it."

"Of course I do! She hasn't let me see this in years. How come you had it?" She had let me in and was now eyeing me down suspiciously.

"I- uh well.." It didn't mater because at that moment Izzy came in holding a man and Jace a woman with Clary, Alec and Magnus not far behind.

"Is this them?" Alec asked the parents. They looked down and nodded.

"Mum dad what's going on? Who are these people? Are they gang tat's?"

"You better just listen to them (Y/N)" their mum spoke softly. Izzy, Clary and Jace went back to the institute nearest and left us to explain to (Y/N) and their sibling/s/none. We had put them under house arrest for the night. The next day they packed a few bags and took a portal to the New York institute where their parents were waiting trial. They might get stripped of their runes and by the looks of things they all might go home together. Hopefully. The kids younger than 18 would be asked if they wanted to be a shadowhunter. They will ask again every six years until they turn 18. I think anyway. Who knows with this case. All that matter is that (Y/N) doesn't end up like my mum. They are also not bad company. But don't tell Magnus he will make so much fun of me!