Jace*Fuck It

Being from the important and prestigious Foxhollow family meant you had to be careful about everything. What you did, who you talked to, what you wear, and who you keep close.

My parents raised me with this mentality. It boiled down to if there isn't blood there isn't trust. That's probably why they aren't very happy about my current situation.

I had moved to the NY institute a year ago to get some more experience. Or that's what I told my parents. It was mainly to try to get some freedom, which I did.

New York was different than my institute. Mainly because of the Lightwoods. I love the Lightwoods. Their fun, witty, and a good laugh. Well, at least their kids are.

I've gotten close to Alec in a brotherly way and Izzy is my best friend. This isn't smiled upon by my parents. The Lightwood name is controversial. Their parents were in the circle, but they had reformed. It was a lot of confusing politics I didn't care for.

It was Jace that probably got me in the most trouble. We were close friends but not in the same way as Alec and I. 'Jokingly' flirting was most of our conversations.

When he was a Wayland they weren't too happy but didn't care too much. He was still the 'best Shadowhunter of his time' so that trumped the fact his dad was in the circle. But then he became a Morgenstein.

They tried to make me swear an oath that I'd never talks to him without supervision or reporting everything back to them afterwards. Through a particular word choice, I managed to avoid this.

I didn't believe he was evil. How could someone so seemingly pure come from Valentine? That's a side of Jace I only seemed to see.

He would come on extra missions just to keep me company, help me train when I struggled, carefully helped me heal my wounds from missions and training. He would always make sure I had eaten. Always make sure I was comfortable. Sometimes after I had a stressful day I would come back to my room to find a note telling me to relax and a bath already ran.

How could someone who comforted me when I had nightmares of past attacks and missions be evil?

They didn't care what I had to say. Neither did he. Jace insisted I was too good for him.

After he had 'joined' Valentine I was the only one who managed to track him. well, not track exactly. I knew Jace and I knew if he thought I was in trouble he'd help. Or at least I hoped.

I went to our place, deep into the trees in some random forest in Brooklyn. I went there every night after he left and waited.

After 2 nights I finally was able to speak to him. "You act like I don't know you're here," I called out.

I heard a sigh and the trees ruffle as he emerged. "You shouldn't keep coming here. You should be at home,"

"It isn't home without you there." I told him, standing and walking over to him, "You have to come back," I rested my hand on his check.

"I can't," he looked away, stepping back "And you should stop trying to find me,"

"Why?" I pressed, moving closer.

"Because," he backed away again.

With a sigh, I stepped closer. He matched me for each step until I got sick of it. I managed to pin him against a boulder, knowing he wouldn't risk hurting me. "Tell me why you won't come back to me?" I demanded.

"You shouldn't want me!" he said louder. "Okay? I'm valentine's son. A demon. You should have an angel, not a monster,"

"You are an angel," He looked away "Look at me," he did, "I don't care about your blood. I don't care about your past. We choose our family and I choose you. If you want me."

"Of course, I want you," he whispered "But that doesn't mean it'll work. Your family would have my head,"

"You are my family," I insisted, "You, and Izzy, and Alec, and hell even Maryse. Blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb. You taught me that," I smiled lightly.

He shook his head and pushed me back. I stumbled and hit my back of a tree, "No. You're going to go home, to the institute. You're not going to tell anyone you saw me. You're going to move on and have a life. A real life. And I'm going to do what I need to. Old scripture has an expiry date," as Jace left my eyes began to water.

To explain my red eyes, I claimed I had got an eyelash stuck in it. Alec didn't believe me. He didn't press though. Most likely they thought I was mourning Jace.

I didn't see him again till the boat. During the battle, I saw him. I froze for a moment. A moment too long and one of the circles managed to slice my side. I cried out before going to attack. But they had gotten my good arm and my hit was weaker than a toddler's blow.

As the circle member raised their sword their head fell to the ground before their body crumpled along with it. Jace had seen me too.

We didn't have time to heal my wounds. We had to fight.

During which somehow it ended up with my family, my real family, fighting together. Alec and Izzy were by my side, along with Jace. This didn't mean it went smoothly.

Turns out Alec's not the only one with good aim. I figured this out as the arrow lodged itself in my leg, causing me to stumble and fall.

He was quickly shot between the eyes by Alec.

Jace ducked to my side and held my head up. The battle was almost over. I could see the few final circle members be picked off.

Izzy and Alec stopped the few circle members who tried to get to us. I was apparently high on Valentines hit list because of my family name. typical.

As I lay there my head became fuzzy. A lot of my blood was staining the old boat instead of my veins. Jace grabbed his stele. "You'll be okay, you'll be okay," he kept repeating as he drew many ruins on my body.

"Who are you trying to convince?" I shot him a sarcastic smile, but I knew it was pitiful at best.

Jace shook his head "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have left you. I should've stood up to your family. I should've- "he cut himself off.

"Should've what?" I prompted.

His eyes scanned over my face. I knew by this point the battle had been won but I didn't care. "Fuck it," he whispered, slamming his lips onto mine.

It seemed to give me a bit of strength as I was able to sit up slightly, pulling myself closer to him. we pulled apart for air "Yeah, you should've done that ages ago," I told him.

"(Y/N)! what are you doing? Get up," I heard my mother hiss.

I didn't care. I kept looking at Jace, whispering"Fuck it indeed," before bringing his lips back to mine.