Jace Wayland*Ghost

I don't normally write for Jace unless its a preference or requested but I was listening to ghost by Halsey and thought of this so I just kind of did it. I'm actually surprised I liked writing this but I did!

A/N at the end. It to do with updates and such so read if you want or just skip.

I'm searching for something that I can't reach...

I had always wanted to be with Jace. Ever since we were little kids I had a crush on him. The first time I had met him he had come to New York because his dad died. I got him to crack the first smile and I said that was my greatest accomplishment even though I forget how I made him smile. I would gush to Izzy about him when we were little. Now, however, things have gotten...weird.

We hooked up sometimes but it's not romantic. I don't have a problem with casual sex or anything but its Jace. I want to be his but right now its just physical. I suppose its better than nothing.

I don't like them innocent

Jace was fun, bold, interesting. He wasn't some clean cut Idris kid and council wannabe. He did things no one would. I remember sneaking out of the institute with him, Izzy and Alec and it was always his idea. We would sneak out to arcades or the occasional mundane event. Most of the time it was just me and him though. I wanted bold and daring and Jace was just that.

I don't want no face fresh

He wasn't one to shy away from any situation. He faced life head on and gained experience and knowledge. Even as a young kid he always seemed to look as if he'd done everything a thousand times before.

Want em wearing leather

One of the great perks of being a shadowhunter was the uniform in my opinion. Black is, first of all, an awesome and flattering colour but also it gave the excuse to see Jace in leather jackets. Call me cliché but the bad boy vibe is hot.

Begging, let me be your taste test

The first time anything happened between us I was fourteen and he was fifteen. We were casually talking in my room since Alec and Izzy had some family meeting. Somehow the topic of crushes and first kisses came up. "Let me guess, your first kiss was with that Jackson guy from Idris." When I didn't respond he continued to tease fourteen year old me. "Well, it's not like it isn't obvious he likes you. He followed you like a puppy when he was here! Didn't you go on a date or something?"

I still remember being embarrassed telling him. "Yeah, something like that. But uh, we didn't kiss. I got a bit scared, to be honest."

"Scared?" He laughed. "Of a kiss?"

"Shut up!" I pushed him and he put his hands up in surrender. "I've not kissed anyone before. We aren't all players Jace Wayland."

"Kissings easy. Once you get the hang of it."

"That's the thing though, how am I going to get the hang of it if I haven't done it? Hell, I slammed my door shut when he went to kiss me, for angel's sake!" Normally I'd only talk to Izzy about that kind of stuff but Jace always had a way to get me to admit things I didn't want to.

"Come here then."

I was shocked, to say the least. "What?"

"Kiss me. I'll show you it's not scary. It's just a test." I thought for a moment. Was I really about to kiss my crush? My dreams shattered when he continued. "It's not like it's your real first kiss if it's with me. It barely counts."