Raphael Santiago*Muted Love

Requested via tumblr

This is a part 2 to similar but saved and is focused on a Raphael x reader. You don't need to read the other part but it might help. All you need to know is the reader is mute.

(Y/N) had continued to live with Magnus but had never called him papa. This was because they couldn't. (Y/N) had remained mute since Magnus found the warlock. He didn't know if they chose this life or if they just couldn't speak. It didn't matter, it didn't change them. So to communicate they learned sign language. If (Y/N) was around people who didn't sign they would write it down on bits of paper. Let's just say they went through a lot of paper.

(Y/N)'s birthday was unknown to the two due to their abusive father never telling the child and their mother had died before (Y/N) knew them so they celebrated the date Magnus found and took in the warlock, (Y/D/O/B). So now (Y/N) was 50 but only looked 17. Funnily enough the same age as their papa.

Magnus had signed to (Y/N) that morning that he had to go on urgent business. (Y/N) signed back 'ok', not thinking much of it and continued to eat their breakfast they'd summoned from Italy. What (Y/N) didn't expect was for her papa to come home with a 14-year-old fledgeling. Let alone a cute 14-year-old fledgeling.

(Y/N) was sitting on the couch drawing when their papa came through the front door with a clearly distraught latino vampire. "Raphael, I can assure you that it will get better. But killing yourself won't help." Their papa comforted the boy.

"I'm already dead. A monster." He said coldly.

Magnus sighed. When he saw (Y/N) sitting crossed legged on the couch with their drawing he introduced the two. "Raphael this is my child (Y/N). (Y/N), Raphael. He's a fledgeling so be nice. Have you had dinner?" (Y/N) shook their head no. "Ok, I'll be back in a few minutes." Magnus went off to make dinner while Raphael stood uncomfortably.

(Y/N) gestured with their hand for the Latino to take a seat which he did. 'Do you sign?' (Y/N) signed.

"What?" Raphael looked confused. (Y/N) could tell that English wasn't his first language due to his accent and pronunciation.

'Do you know how to sign?' they tried again and his expression didn't change. (Y/N) sighed and began to write in their notebook that they always kept next to them.

They handed it to the boy. He took it and read it aloud. "I'm mute and I'm guessing you don't sign." It took him a moment to read out the full text. "No, I don't even know what that is." He flung the notebook to (Y/N) which they caught with ease.

They wrote again and handed it back. "Should I write in English or another language?" He sighed and sat it down. "Well unless you know Spanish. I'm fine with English so theirs no need to insult me."

(Y/N) got up and picked up the notebook. Still standing they began to write. 'I'm not insulting you. Y para tu información sé español. Soy mudo, no un idiota' {Translation: And for your information, I do know Spanish. I'm mute, not an idiot}. Before the boy could respond (Y/N) walked away to the kitchen. They grabbbed the plate from Magnus and went to their room.

When Magnus walked into the living room he saw Raphael with his head in his hands. "What did you do?" Magnus sighed. Raphael handed him the notebook.

"I think I insulted them. I didn't mean too, it's just..." he trailed off. Magnus snapped the notebook shut.

"I'm sure (Y/N)'s fine. Just next time don't assume mute people don't know languages." Raphael nodded.

Since Raphael was going to be staying with Magnus (only for a little bit) he thought he should at least apologise. He quickly asked Magnus something before heading in the direction Magnus pointed him in. He knocked on their door before opening it. (Y/N) raised an eyebrow at the boy holding their notebook. "You left this behind." He sat it on the end of the bed. Then he started to sign something. Though very badly.