Will & Jem*Can't Sleep

A/N: I know a couple poeple have requested more Will and Jem, and I cant blame you,  so heres a two for one deal! And if you dont know who Will and Jem are...go read the infernal devices. Like cmon, cmon, its good. Trust me.

Will

That mission. So glad it's over. I'd been a shadowhunter for years, I'd faced Mortimer, but that mission. Something about it shook me. Charlotte, Henry, Tessa, Jem, Will, and I all sat in the library with the fire going.

My brain replayed the moments on a loop. When Jem got knocked down when another demon grabbed Tessa's neck, the one that went for Charlottes' stomach when Henry hit the ground with a crunch when Will. Ugh, that was the worst one. Wills cry when the demon got him. It was taken care of with a stele but the sound of his voice.

I was curled up into Wills' side on one of the armchairs, the others dotted on the sofas and armchairs. All silent. "I'm glad everyone's okay," Charlotte broke the silence, "we never could've known the extent of that. We all made it out alive. You should be proud,"

An awkward silence fell across the room, Charlotte giving an awkward smile before her head dropped, "Charlottes right," Will said. "We're shadowhunters, it's what we do. Does anyone have a pack of cards," he sat forward a bit, clapping his hands, "This is awfully boring,"

The room livened a little and as they began to set up, I stood from Wills' lap, "Count me out. I'm just gonna head to bed,"

Everyone nodded except Will who caught my wrist "You sure?" he asked, looking me in the eyes.

"Yeah. Don't worry, I'm not gonna fall out the bed or anything," I joked.

Will rolled his eyes, "Night darling," he said, leaning up. This time I rolled my eyes as I leant down to meet him halfway and kiss him.

I smiled, pulling back, "Night Will," I ruffled his hair and he pouted. "Night everyone," I said, walking away.

The room was cold when I walked in. I hadn't been here since just before breakfast and it was soon approaching 9 at night. Not late but a long day. I got ready and slipped into bed, shivering from the cold sheets, then put the light out.

It was dark. I'm not afraid of the dark, I'm afraid of what's in it. My mind replayed it all over again. Charlotte, Henry, Tessa, Jem, Will, Charlotte, Henry, Tessa, Jem, Will, Charlotte, Henry, Tes- what was that noise?

It must've been a branch hitting the window or something. Then again. What if it's the demons? I'm being paranoid. But what if? Don't be stupid, you're in the institute, your safe. But what if that's what they want you to think?

Fears danced across my mind as my breathing quickened with every sound. Then the door opened.

Rolling over, I grabbed my stele, knowing it was using but trying anyway. "Back off" I barked.

The light flickered on, "Why are you still up?" Will asked, "and are you threatening me with a stele?"

I looked at him, "No," I said, tossing it aside. "Night," I said as I quickly rolled over, looking away from him.

Will sighed and I heard his feet pad against the carpet. "Are you okay?"

"I can't sleep," I whispered, "I kept imagining- "I took a breath, "and I know I shouldn't, and I know what we're training to do but- "

"It's okay, it's okay," Will said, rubbing my shoulder, "I'm here. Give me a minute yeah? Nothing Will happen to you when I'm here,"

I nodded but didn't look up. This time it was the sound of Will getting undressed and ready for bed I heard. "I'm going to put the light out," Will warned. I nodded then darkness. Hearing Wills feet cross the floor still freaked me out. Will slid into the bed and I shivered, "Hey, it's just me," Will said, "Come here,"

Rolling over quickly, I buried my head into Wills' chest. "I hate this job," I murmured.

"Hey, it's okay," Will whispered, stroking my hair, "I'm here. Mind what I said? Nothing Will happen when I'm here. I promise,"

Jem

"Will you stop moving?" Jem's voice was muffled by the pillow, but I still heard the grumble in his voice.

"Sorry," I whispered, laying in one last position.

Nope. I shifted again. Jem sat up, flicking on the gas lamp. A warm orange glow filled the room as Jem looked at me, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said moving into another position. Jem raised an eyebrow "Nothing,"

"piàn zi (Liar)", Jem muttered.

"Hey! I know what that means,"

"Then tell me what's wrong so we can just sleep," there were more bags under his eyes than usual, and he looked like he would faint of exhaustion.

I instantly felt bad, "I can't sleep," I muttered, "My brains too...buzzy," I shook my hands around my head before sighing in frustration. Jem sighed and pulled the covers off him, getting out of bed, "What are you doing?" I asked as he padded over to the corner of the room.

"I'm going to help you sleep," Jem said as he grabbed his violin case.

"You don't have to," I sighed, "I'll go sleep on the couch in the library and you can get some shut-eye,"

Jem rolled his eyes, "I'd never make you do that," he said as he raised the violin into position, "Relax. Just listen to the music," I laid back, letting out a deep breath, as I adjusted myself. "Close your eyes," I did, though with a sigh.

And soon notes began to fall from Jem's violin, dancing into a beautiful melody.

Someone so beautiful, someone so cursed, someone who knew he was going to die was still able to make beautiful music. Jem had promised to write his favourite songs down onto sheet music, along with the couple he made himself, for me for after he passed. There was no way I'd learn violin but at least I'd have them.

Relax. I told myself. The music swirled around the room, making their way to my ears and washing out the stress. Listen to the music. I did, all the other sounds didn't seem to matter. Not the wind, the branches hitting the window or the sound of my breathing getting heavier.

Close your eyes. As the music came to an end my eyes fluttered open. I barely made out Jem's figure moving to put the violin away as the seemed desperate to shut again.

Jem slid into the bed, instant warmth coming with him. "Better?" He whispered.

I just hummed as I placed my head on his chest. I didn't need to move again as soon my eyes refused to open at all. I felt Jem move his arm, most likely turning off the lamp, before pulling the covers all the way up. This was the best way to fall asleep.

A/N: Hey, I was wondering if any of you have any ideas for face claims for Infernal Devices charecter (Will, Jem, Tesssa etc)?