Alec Imagine*1

Their were reports of a demon running around New York. Not just any demon, a greater demon. This demon had been getting reported on for centuries and no one who was sent to find it did. They would come back with no recollection of what happened but then the demon would vanish. They didn't know what it looked like but they always found red water near where it had been. Not blood, they checked, red water that smoked and burned mundies.

Alec Lightwood, Jace Herondale, Isabelle Lightwood and Clary Fray (the dream team) had been sent to find information on this demon. They had been finding the red water, they called cide, near the Brooklyn bridge and round the door to the seelie realm. When Jace, the charismatic one, talked to the Seelie Queen she had said the exact words "No greater demon has  visited my realm. I would know." they knew she couldn't get around it. It was too on point to be wrong, no loop hole. The queen even asked if she was to expect a demon attack so they were ninety nine percent sure, never fully, that the demon was there.

They managed to follow the trails to outside an apartment complex. It was dark and eerie as the shadowhunters advanced down the alleyway. They were suppose to follow all clues but to contact them if they found the demon. Who knew how many would be needed to remember it, never mind take it down. As they neared the end of the alley they heard  someone call out, "Help! Help!"

They sprinted down to see nothing but a brick wall. "You thought it was that easy?" A sly voice crept into the air, ticking the back of their necks as it felt like the wind around them increased. They all gripped tighter onto their already ready weapons. The archer pulled the string back tighter, the beauty gripped her whip, the golden blonde raised his blade and the last readied her shorter blades. "Turn around, see the unseen."

As they turned slowly they all prepared themselves. This demon had been rumoured for  generations with no description apart from that of the cide. They saw a relatively normal looking person but the only diferance was that their hair was like a red waterfall escaping their scalp. Cide hair.

No one made a move. The arrow was still in place, the blades ready and the whip unmoving. They needed to know their opponent but they hadn't moved either. After a few moments the arrow was let loose and the person's head snapped to the side, narrowly missing the arrow. As he fumbled to get another out of his quiver and loaded the demon moved forward.

"I don't think this is a fair fight." They waved their hand and roots burst through the concreate of the alley and wrapped round the shadowhunters.

"And this is?" The golden blonde spoke out of term but his life was on the line anyway.

"Fine," they snapped their fingers and the raven haired girls roots came in done. She looked shocked as did her fellow fighter. "One on one, like ancient times. I pick my opponient and we fight." They smiled sweetly enough even when adding, "To the death."

"What no!" The over protective brother side came out as the archer struggled. The free girl looked scared though annoyed. "I have too Alec!"

They circled round each other as Alec protested. After one full circle Izzy snapped her whip and the demon caught it. They wrapped it round their hand, pulling Izzy closer as everyone watched in shock. "But the electrum?" Izzy whispered as she noticed no blood or wound appear on the one they thought demon.

"I prefer Warlock to Demon. I do appreciate the greater part."  Alec had managed to free himself, although he knew not how, and sprang into action. He fired an arrow into the warlocks shoulder and started to load another one.

"If I were you, Alexander" The warlock started, "I wouldn't fire another one. Theirs no point. Your sister may go." They waved their hand and everyone was now free.

"How have you went so long with everyone thinking you're a demon?" The ever curious Clary inquired.

"Its only red when I'm angry." Their hair was slowly fading back to a waterfall of pale blue. The same colour as Alec's eyes. "If the archer would follow me." As they warlock walked to a side path at the end of the alley they were hesitant. They had just found out they weren't a demon so how could they trust them. When they got there they added, "If you truly do want to help mundanes."

The archer walked down to them and went to open the door when the downworlder stopped him. They waved their hand over the door, showing what was inside. Inside was a Vampire den with mundanes being used as drinking fountains. Their were also warlocks with dark magic and werewolves converting mundies.

"A very distasteful downworlder club. I came to visit a friend only to find this. They kicked me out when I tried to stop them. Help me out?" The end was a question no one was ever expecting. The shadowhunters started their new mission while Alec started one of his own. Get his heart back from the warlock named (Y/N).