Alec*Soulmates

Requested via Tumblr

Hi, I love your Imagine Story's so much. Can I get an Imagine Story with Alec Lightwood where he is the reader's soulmate, please?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- = POV change

"Soulmates are not a thing!" I almost screamed at Isabelle.

"Yes, they are!" She said, though with more laughter.

I sighed, looking at her with a blank stare, "Isabelle, listen closet, soulmates are. Not. A. thing. Okay?"

She gave me the biggest smile possible, "No," I groaned, flinging myself back to slump in my chair. "Back me up here Clary,"

Breakfasts were never calm, all of us being sleep deprived except Jace who always seemed to get enough sleep, but I was going through my cereal. Last night Izzy and I were having a winddown night and doing these things called 'BuzzFeed quizzes' when the argument began.

"I mean it's a cool idea," She shrugged, "Knowing there is one perfect person out there for you. It's sweet," Jace grinned, stretching an arm over her shoulder, "Even if he is the most annoying person on earth," Jace frowned.

Isabelle chuckled, "Has Jace ever told you about soulmates?"

"No," she said, face contorted in confusion.

"Shadowhunters have a different idea of soulmates," She said, and I huffed, "Hush. It's said that Johnathan Shadowhunter saved a mundane girl when he first became a shadowhunter. A few years later there was a demon outbreak and she got stung. There was nothing Johnathan could do so he just held her and gave her what he thought would be there last kiss. Raziel, as a reward for there work, said that if two people truly loved each other, and the angels had made them for each other, then their final kiss can save them. And that's how soulmates were formed,"

"Aw, that's sweet," Clary said.

"Ew, that's dumb," I snorted, "Why wouldn't every shadowhunter kiss their partner on their deathbed? Oh, wait they do, it just doesn't do anything,"

"Just because you love someone doesn't mean they're your soulmate," Isabelle groaned.

"Will you two just shut up?!" Alec snapped, dropping his spoon in his cereal, making a splash, "Damnit," I passed him a napkin, "Thanks. Izzy, you know mum just told you that story to get you to sleep."

"No. it's true. Back me up, Jace?"

"I didn't exactly have someone ready me bedtime stories," he said.

"Ha," I grinned.

Before we could go back to arguing Maryse walked in, "Why are you all lounging about? Their's work to do,"

Ugh, work. Today was dreaded paperwork day. Luckily, we were able to get desks near each other. Isabelle sat at the desk next to me, Alec across from me, Jace next to Alec, and clary had to go practise runes after a mishap on our last mission.

These days were so slow. It sounds bad but I was waiting for someone to run in and yell something about an outbreak or crazy action. Anything to get up from this hellish chair. Isabelle was determined to finish all her paperwork for an early lunch, so she was being boring.

Alec had always been the fastest at paperwork so I could annoy him. I pinged a tiny crushed up piece of paper. He looked up startled, but I went back to my screen. A few moments later another. Then another. Then another. Then "Whose doing that?" Alec said.