Isabelle Lightwood*Mundane-PT1

Requested via tumblr

I don't know why but I keep finding myself in strange places. It started small; I had been walking home from school and decided to walk the long way past some old church. Not that big of a deal, I just wanted some fresh air.

Its gotten weird and more often now. Normally I would talk to my friend Simon when things were bugging me but he's gone off the grid for the past couple months. Not even his Mum knows where he is.

That's not the only thing though, I keep seeing things. It's out the corner of my eye most of the time. A girl with pointy teeth, a boy with fangs, people with colourfull skin but not like dark, like pink or blue or an actual colour. It was worse last night. I swear I saw someone doing magic. He had horns like goats coming out of his head and bright green hair. His hands were sparky green and smoke was surrounding his hands.

I figured I'd been a bit sleep deprived but now I can't help but thinking about it. I decided to try rest and nap but as my head hit the pillow I could feel a lump in my chest but ignored it. Its fine, just tired.

The next thing I see is a church. The church. The same church I keep walking too. Looking around I notice the sky had darkened to a deep blue, it must be around 9 at night. I try to stop my legs but its like I have no control.

I couldn't figure it out, was I blacking out or something or was I just walking like a corpse.

This time, unlike the others, my feet dragged me all the way to the door. I stood in front of the grand door. The church was run down and must have been abandoned for years. The only people who come here are artists who want to draw it or me.

That's why it surprised me when I could hear people walking towards the door, talking. Thinking it might be a gangs hideout I run over to a bush and crouch down in it.

I stare through the leaves as the door opened. Out came 3 people, I think.

2 of them had beauty like an angel. A tall light skinned boy with a shining sword in his hand. He had tats covering his skin and was dressed in shabby black clothing. He stood next to a girl who was gorgeous. She had ruby red lips to match her necklace and shiny black hair. She also bore the same tattoos. If it wasn't for the 3rd I would have thought it was a gang.

The 3rd was a small ginger; Clary, Si's friend. I barely knew her but I knew she would never join a gang. Not if it endangered her or Si.

"Theirs no one out here, Alec," Clary whined. "And its cold let's just go back in."

"No," his voice was stony and stern. "We need to check the perimeter at least."

"Come on brother," The other girl spoke in a silky voice. "theirs no one here. I need to start dinner."

The other 2 paled slightly at her words. 'strange' I thought. But then it was replaced by 'fuck, they're looking for me!'.

I was right, they started searching. I didn't dare moved as they searched. I barely breathed. They looked around for 5 minutes before going back in. Only not with a key.

Alec put his hand on the door and said "I, Alec Lightwood, request entrance in the name of the Clave and the Angel Raziel." The door opened for them and the 3 walked in. My jaw slackened. The once damaged church was now a grand cathedral with towers. It stayed like that until the door shut behind them and changed back to a decrepit church.

Gathering all the courage I had I stood up and this time it was me that dragged my feet to the door.

As I stood in front of the door my heart steadied from his rapid beating. My breathing went back to normal as soon as I stood in front of the door. I was so drawn to it that I tried to turn the handle. When it appeared locked I frowned.

Until I decided to try what they had done. "I, (Y/N) (Y/L/N), request entrance in the name of, um the Clave? And the um angel Raziel?" my voice was weak and came out as a questioned but even still the door opened.

I began to walk through the building but it was clear it wasn't an ordinary church. It was lined with high tech equipment as well as fighting equipment. I tried to sneak around though no one cared who I was. They didn't question it.

I stood at the entrance of what looked like a control room. fancy computers were set up all over it and people also covered in tats bustled around the room. it was like I was in a trance until I heard "(Y/N)!" I snapped my head in Clary's direction.

She stood with the same 2 as before but also with Jace and Simon. Simon. "What the hell are you doing here?! How'd you get in?" This gathered the attention of everyone else and I felt someone grab me with a dagger to my throat.

"(Y/N)" I heard Si cry out but I wasn't listening. I gripped the man's arm trying to pull the glowing dagger from my throat.

"GET OFF ME!" I yelled. It took a struggle but I managed to get him off though I stumbled and fell. I fell, sprawled across the floor and tried to scramble to my feet but something wrapped around my ankle. I looked at it and saw a silver band around it. Looking up I saw it was the girl from before who had got me with a whip.

She began to drag me towards her and I kicked as hard as I could. It didn't work.

The 2 guys with tats next to her, Alec and some blonde, hosted me up and held me by my shoulders. "Look, Clary. If this is your gang's turf or whatever I can go but like," I tried to speak quickly. "please don't kill me. You know me, were friends. Kinda." I looked over at Si who seemed too stunned to speak. "Si, buddy, a little help."

The 3 with tats all shared a confused look with each other. "You're one of them?" Simon said with a look as though I had kept a huge secret from him. apparently, I had. "You're a shadowhunter!?"

"What the fuck- no Simon! I don't even know what you're talking about!"

It didn't matter since the blonde grabbed my arm abruptly and began to draw something on my hand with some shiny thing.

"Ahh!" I yelled. It felt like he was carving something with fire in my hand.

"Jace!" Clary yelled and tried to pull him off.

After he was done he dropped me to the ground and I clutched my hand. "What the fuck man!?" I looked at the black mark on my hand and it stung like hell.

"I gave you the sight rune. And since you're not dead, you must be a shadowhunter so you can quit lying."

I glared at him and he smirked. I spat at his feet and turned back to my hand. However, Jace had brought his foot up and kicked my chin. The kick sent my head back and I lay on the ground with a thud. I groaned and brought my hand to the back of my head. "Jace!" said the voice of the nameless girl.

"He spat on me!" he tried to defend himself.

"He's a Mundie!" she cried while walking down to me. She crouched down next to me and brushed my hair from my face. "And a very cute one." She added.

"Thanks, but help," I spoke weakly and bringing my hand out from under my head. My fingers were stained red but my vision was getting spotty.

The floors were concrete so when my head went back it must have cracked. I heard them moving around me and talking frantically but I closed my eyes and let sleep consume me. The last thing I heard was the girl say "Hey, don't do that!" and shaking my arm. None the less I drifted off.