Ragnor Fell*Babysitting

Requested via tumblr

Magnus was frantic.

He had just been hired by Queen Liz to extend her life again (let's be honest, it's the only way she's still kicking, no hate) and had messed up his calendar.

He thought you were going to stay with Tessa this weekend but it turns out that's in 2 weeks time. Whoops. Catarina was always busy, Raph was at some conference to talk about his clan, Luke was busy with work and the pack and everyone else had a reason too.

As Magnus passed around the living room he suddenly stopped. You were sitting on the couch colouring in and looked in as the footsteps stop. "You ok, papa?"

"Maybe." He looked around the room and walked towards the phone. "Maybe."

Magnus didn't know if he would even pick up but he dialled the number anyway. Ragnor Fell, high warlock, green cabbage, cold as steel and one of Magnus's old friends. He had only met (Y/N) once when they were a baby. He scrunched his nose up when he heard their cries and asked Magnus why he didn't press mute.

It was his only option though as he couldn't leave 5 years old (Y/N) alone. The house wouldn't remain standing.

Magnus frowned as the answer message played. "You've reached Ragnor Fell. If this is Magnus I'm probably ignoring you, if not leave a message. Or don't." BEEP

The warlock glared at his phone and slammed it down. He was going to be late and Liz didn't like it when he was late. He had made that mistake before.

(Y/N) jumped at the sound and looked at their father curiously. Magnus smiled. "Let's go get your stuff, you're going on a trip."

"Yay!"

(Y/N) ran to their room and began shoving toys and games into their backpack. Magnus' lips pulled into a soft smile as (Y/N) ran around the room looking for their favourite toys. How could a child be so cute? Magnus wondered.

"I'm ready!" (Y/N) proclaimed.

"Toys?"

"Check!"

"Games?"

"Check!"

"Clothes?"

"Uh, your job!" Magnus chuckled and snapped his fingers. "Wow." Magnus had summoned another bag with a spare change of clothes and other essentials.

"Ok, get your coat."

(Y/N) tossed their bag to Magnus and ran to the coat rack in the hall. Magnus prayed Ragnor was in. otherwise, he'd break down the door and trash the place.

"Done!"

"Good job buttercup." (Y/N) grinned at the nickname. They wore a bright green sparkly coat and yellow boots.

Magnus took (Y/N)'s hand and summoned the portal. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

They emerged in a small field and (Y/N)s face held nothing but confusion. Magnus turned them around and their jaw dropped. While Magnus and (Y/N) lived in a flat Ragnor lived in a vast townhouse in the country. "Woah!"

(Y/N) took off sprinting up to the house. It took Magnus a second to react before running after them. He wasn't fast enough and (Y/N) reached the door first and shot a bit of magic at the door knocker since they weren't tall enough to reach it.

The knocking went on for five seconds before the door swung open, revealing a green man who was glaring at the child. "who are you?"

(Y/N) didn't stumble back or look frightened in any way. they looked excited. "He's green!" They pointed at Ragnor but turned to face their papa. This made Ragnor notice Magnus for the first time. He groaned.