Requested-Jace Wayland*Sent Away

Requested via tumblr.

Being a half shadowhunter was hard. Thats why my mom decided not to tell anyone, especially the clave. My father was a shadowhunter and my biological mom a seelie, more specifically the seelie queen. Big deal? I know! So when she, my mom, found me on the door step of the (Y/N/C) institute with nothing but a note she took me in. She said I couldn't of been older than two weeks old.

All the note said was 'half shadowhunter, half seelie. The queen asks you to protect her. Her fathers gone, not by your doings. Good luck.' My mom decided to keep me still. Thank the angel. From the age of 10 I've known that I was different. She told me so I would be able to prepare better for my rune ceremony. I had to learn to take pain without showing any signs so when I got my runes no one would question me.

Every time I apply a rune I hold back a grimace. Yes it normally stings a bit for normal shadowhunters but its worse for me. When I was 15 I decided to transfer to New York. As life would have it Clary Fray would enter the New York institute only 6 months later. Life was hard, as it always is, but now add Clary in and you could times it by 10.

So for the next year my life was hectic to say the least. I was with them through it all: Valentine, Sebastian, The endarken and the most tragic malec break up. During that time I got close to them all, especially Jace. He asked me out eventually. We have been together for just a few days but still. We had just came back from a mission and I went to my room to draw some iratze. I prefer doing it in private so my grimaces can show with no questions.

I took off my shirt so I could draw one on my shoulder. The shoulder with my mark. For all I was only half seelie I still had a golden branch marking on my shoulder. It was the reason I couldn't wear tank tops in public. I was halfway through drawing it, with a scrunched up face, when Jace came in without knocking. "Hey." He looked up and saw me sitting there, shirtless, in pain and with a seelie marking.

I explained it to him. I trusted him and he had saw the mark so their was no going back. He didn't look down on me, he still trusted me. Thank the angel. Life was a lot calmer now, however not for long.

The head of the institute, Alec, had to go to a meeting with the seelie queen on behalf of the clave. He hated her so he made Jace and me go as well. Jace wasn't fond of me going, as of his knowledge of my birth, but I wanted to go. I don't know who my real mom is and im still half seelie so I wanted to see what I would've become if I was kept there. Who knows? Maybe I'll cross my real mom and never no it.

We went through the portal to the realm. Our group was consisted of: Alec, Jace, Me, Clave representative Will Battlechild, and Inquisitor Robert Lightwood. Me, Jace and Alec walked together while Will and Robert walked ahead. "I don't think we should go." Jace warned.

"We've got no choice." Alec sighed, stress showing. "We'll get out as soon as possible, quit worrying."

"Yeah, that's his job." I jabbed my thumb in Alec's direction. He swatted it away with a small smile and Jace gave a weak chuckle.

All 5 of us ended up standing in front of the seelie queen. We all bowed our heads and were as charming as we willed. My eyes would drift round her court looking for anyone with similar features. Eyes, hair, skin, anything indicating a link. I brought my eyes back to the queen as the 'official business' was coming to an end.

"I cant say it was a pleasure talking to you shadowhunters but it was nice to see how you've grown." She turned her head to look at me, as did everyone else. Jace had worry written all over his face.

"I beg your pardon?" I flicked my eyes over to my fellow shadowhunters then back to her.

"You've grown well. Good features." She got up and started walking over to me. I didn't flinch. I didn't fear her somehow. She grabbed my face gently, Jace's hand went to his sword, and moved my head slightly. "You've got your fathers eyes."