Isabelle*Lightwood's

Izzy X Female!Reader

It's pride month so this month's posts are going to be LGBT themed

Her hair gleamed like a goddess and her smile was like sunlight that flowers craved to the human eye. When she laughed it felt like you'd went weightless on a roller coaster drop ride, loving the fear it brought like the idea of loving her. No matter what she said, snarky or sweet, it was the stuff to inspire poets. She was my perfect, the thing that would finally make me feel whole.

The half of the best friend necklace that hung around her neck broke me though. The one around mine solidified it. 

I'd known Isabelle since childhood, often talking about being parabatai. Every time I discouraged it, saying we could decide when we were older, and we didn't need a rune to best friends. It was bad enough she was straight, and I'd fancied her for years but the idea of it being actually illegal was too much.

The shadowhunter community was very accepting, choosing to hide all their 'problems' in a plastic tub and bury beneath their flower beds. Apparently not being straight was one of these problems. How dare you like someone of the same gender! Even though it wasn't your fault and oh yeah screw you.

I wasn't necessarily in the closet though; I just never spoke about it. plus, in the New York Institute, there weren't many boys my age, so it wasn't surprising I didn't like any of them. The only person I had told was Alec because, well that boys lets straight than a circle.

Alec and I were closet buddies and despite both of us being heavily friend zoned we could at least whine to one and other. Isabelle figured out Alec was gay, which wasn't too difficult since boys can't hide their, um feelings? Too well. She hadn't figured me out because apparently kissing girls in the club is something drunk girls just kinda did? 

Although it wasn't what I wanted I was sort of content. Isabelle had boyfriends and hookups but so would Jace, so Alec and I were able to rant about this whenever they were out. Then Clary came. 

I don't dislike the girl, but she is inconvenient for many reasons. It's made Alec all grumpy since Jace is in love and Alec can literally feel it because of their bond. Isabelle also likes to go on about that Simon kid and he's always around because clary's always around. It's a hellish cycle.

However, the biggest issue is Clary and Isabelle's friendship. For the past 5 years, Isabelle and I were the only girls our age who lived in this institute for more than a month. This meant Isabelle only knew what it would be like to be friends with a girl who was in love with her. 

We didn't do the normal things girls would; talk a lot about boys, change in front of each other, check each other out before leaving to make sure we looked okay. I was in love with the girl, there was no way I was checking out her butt to make sure she hadn't sat in something. Hell no. but this was never an issue because she had no comparison.

We'd talk about fighting techniques, books, famous shadowhunters, and how annoying Alec and Jace were and how we'd get them back. For fun, we'd throw darts, do trick shots, spar, or made up silly games. 

Clary came and was letting Isabelle do her hair, makeup, outfit, and would talk hot boys and relationships with each other. Clary wasn't that girly, but it still messed it all up. Know we were talking about first crushes and kisses and I had no answer. 

Coming out felt like less of an option. I barely knew Clary, so I didn't want to tell her and now Isabelle was wanting to have the 'girl sleepovers' mundane kids had in the movies Clary showed her. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.