Jace*Sent Away PT3

A/N: Sorry it's a day late. Hope it's worth the wait

"(Y/N)?" I look up at Jace, squinting as sun blinds my vision. Slowly moving to rest on my elbows and see the boy I was taken from. "(Y/N)?" He calls again.

"Here," I hold my hand out for him to take.

"Where are you?" he spins in a circle.

Dragging myself to stand I look at him, panting slightly, "Behind you," he whips around and still looks confused. "I'm right here," I place my hand on his arm and he snatches it away, shivering.

"This-this is a trick. What is going on? Where's the Seelie queen?" Jace searched all around. I stood petrified, "(Y/N)!" He yelled. Jace looked around once more, shaking his head, "This is bullshit," he murmured, beginning to jog away.

"Jace!" He shook his head, even more, picking up speed.

"He can't hear you," I whip around to see Jessabelle standing by the lake's edge but as I stood on shore she stood in water. "you're on a different plane,"

"What? What plane?!" I yell.

"Seelie's can travel between planes. We can see them, but they can't see us. It's like Mundanes and shadowhunters. Here but hidden."

"I'm not a Seelie," I spit out between gritted teeth, "I'm a shadowhunter,"

"you're the queen's child-"

"giving birth to someone doesn't make you a mum," I cut her off, "It makes you an egg donor. Being a father isn't the same as being a dad either. My real mum took me in as a baby and I was taken from her," I walked closer, "She fought every day to protect me, and I didn't get to say goodbye. Don't insult her by comparing her to that monstrosity,"

Jessabelle stayed silent for a moment, "As you wish. Its supper time," she walked back into the water, disappearing through the ground as if stepping down steps.

I groaned, running a hand through my hair, before walking into the water. I arrived right in my chamber. Everything the same as how I left it. sighing, I plop onto my bed. "What's the point?" I mutter.

"Family bonding?" I flinched at the smirking voice. I didn't have to turn to see her, "Tell dear old mummy what's wrong,"

"I'm here. I'm a shadowhunter-"

"you're no such thing," she cut me off, "Say it again and you'll regret it,"

"I thought faes couldn't tell lies," she reached out, slapping my face with claws out. I held my fingers to my check, red blood staining the tips, "Its red. Like a shadowhunter. Get me a stele and I'll heal it." I turned to face her, "Or am I no shadowhunter?"

She chuckled with empty emotion "your something alright," she walked to the door, snatching my food tray, "you're lucky I haven't killed you. Only because you're useful of course,"

"I'd rather be dead than in your service," I said void of emotion.

"That can be arranged,"

Once she slammed the door all light sources in the room died. Laying down, I glare at the ceiling. I'd been so close. Sitting in the dark gives you time to think. It also gives you time to dream.

3rd pov

Jace shook off his head a decided to keep jogging. He'd been hearing things. He's lonely. He's a little human. So, what if he reacted? And so, what if now he stood in line for an ice-cream. Shadowhunters have feelings too. Jace got angry at everyone for simply breathing.

Once he got to the institute he'd finished his mint chip and wasn't prepared for the chaos. Shadowhunters running around, gearing up, and filing like crazy. Alec saw him and rushed over, easily making his way through the chaos, "You've chocolate on your face," Jace whipped his mouth with his sleeve, Alec grimacing, "And we've got a problem,"

He led him to a monitor Izzy stood at, for once looking as confused as clary. "Look, these are the weakest spots for demons to break through," red patches popped up on the screen, small and sparsely placed. Jace nodded, "This is where they're coming in, "a purple splotch came up, taking over what seemed like a city block. "And a lot of them. But, we can't see them,"

"What do you mean you can't see them?" Jace asked.

Izzy stepped forward, swiping her hand, making a clip play, "These demons keep disappearing. See," she was right. The demon sent a blast then was gone. It showed up again a few feet away. "I think they're teleporting,"

"But there be more traceable magic," Alec pointed out. "Were sending everyone out. We can't tell which ones can attack Mundanes or not. Suit up," Jace groaned, "You two as well. Yes, even you," he told clary. "We need numbers,"

As clary and Izzy went to the female changing area, Alec and Jace headed to the other, "How was your walk?" Alec asked.

"I heard (Y/N)." Alec froze, "Like for real. But I couldn't see her. The Seelie queen, she was playing a trick,"

"How do you know it was a trick?"

Jace screwed up his face "Because (Y/N) called for me but wasn't there. What else-"

"Take us there,"

"What? Why?"

"Just do it," Alec insisted.

"I really don't see the point of this," Jace said as they walked his footsteps. Alec shushed him and Jace sighed. They hadn't even waited for the girls so the parabatai traced his path, not quite sure where to stop, "I can't remember, maybe it was here?" Jace stopped, forcing to Alec to as well, "why? That's all I wanna know,"

Alec sighed, running his hand through his air, "Jace, think. (Y/N) is half Seelie and in the Queen's realm. You hear their voice. The queens tricky but what use is it to trick us. Plus, if (Y/N) is really the queen's child, just think of the power they have. This is where the demonic energy is stemming from. Notice any coincidences?"

"I guess but-"

"But what Jace?" Alec walks closer, talking lower, "first the pancakes, then the voice, and I know you've been having dreams. Start thinking. I get its hard, but you have to think,"

"How? How do you know? Magnus lives just up the street. (Y/N), (Y/N) is gone," Jace turns, walking away from Alec, kicking a pebble on his way.

"Jace?"

"What?"

Alec pauses, "That pebble didn't splash," Jace turns around, confusion written on his face like ink, "It hit the water and kept going,"

Both shadowhunters walked closer to the water, staring into it. it wasn't too deep, clear enough to make out the bottom. Alec took another step, foot hanging over the edge. He placed his foot down and the water didn't move, despite Alec's foot being in it. Taking his foot back out, Alec looks at Jace, "It's not even wet,"

"Huh?"

"My foots dry-" Something pulls Alec under, too quick to react "JACE!" Alec yells as he's pulled under. Scrambling to pull himself up, Alec tries getting out the water, dirt covering his arms and water not seeming to touch him. Like he was falling through.

Jace went to grab Alec's arm but recoiled when something slimy touched his foot. "Jac-" Jace looked over at the gurgling noises to see Alec under the water, half his body seemingly gone. Jace dropped, laying with his arm reaching into the water. Alec reached up but their hands wouldn't touch, going through each other like ghosts.

Jace felt the slimy sensation again, this time turning just in time to roll out of the demon's strike but the next one hit the air out his lungs. As he reached for his seraph blade he saw a bubble in the water and no Alec.

A/N: What tense do you prefer for both imagines and preferencces?

First (I, me, us)?

Second (You, he, she)?

Third (They, (Y/N))?