Preference 43*Nightmare C.F/A.L/M.B/I.L

Clary:

I woke up gasping for air. I just woke up from the worst ever nightmare about (Y/B/F). I sat up and pulled my knees to my chest. I got my breathing under control and looked over at the beautiful redhead sleeping next to me. She looked so peaceful so I didn't want to wake her. I decided to go get a drink from the kitchen in the institute.

I slipped on my robe while standing next to the bed. I grabbed my stele from my pocket and activated my silencing rune on my forearm. I began my walk. On the walk to the kitchen, there was no one. Why would there be? They were peacefully sleeping. I felt the cold corridor floor on my feet. Not too bad but still.

I was a couple feet away from the kitchen door when I felt something brush against my leg. "Church," I whispered. "What are you doing up?" I crouched down next to him and scratch behind his ear. He purred slightly but gave me a pointed look. I sighed. "Its ok church, just a nightmare." He gave a light meow as I stood up before he went away.

I entered the kitchen and almost hissed at the cold tiles against my bare feet. I went to the cupboard and grabbed a glass. As I was filling it up I heard the door open. I glanced over my shoulder to see a sleepy Clary. "Hey," I whispered.

"Hi." She said with morning voice even though it was 3 am. "What are you doing up?"

"It's nothin," I mumble. I'm meant to be a brave shadowhunter. Shadowhunters don't get scared by nightmares.

"Doesn't seem like nothing." She wrapped her hands around my waist from behind. "Whats the matter."

I screwed up my eyes at the memory of my dream. "Just... a nightmare." I sighed. "I know its silly and I'm meant to be a brave sha-"

"Shut up. You are the bravest person I know." She turned me around. "The bravest people are the ones who get scared but fight anyway. Besides nightmares are common." I nodded and she wrapped me in a hug. "What was it about?"

"(Y/B/F)."

"I never thought that would have scared you." I pulled back and grabbed my glass of water. "It's not a bad thing." She glanced to the kettle and to one of the cupboards. She grabbed my hand and guided me to sit on a stool. "Wait a minute."

"What are you doing?" She began to fill the kettle before putting it on. "Clary, its fine."

She opened a cupboard and climbed on the counter to reach something and I couldn't help but chuckle. "Shut up. And it's not fine." After a couple minutes, I figured out what she was making. Hot cocoa.

She handed me a cup and sat on another stool in front of me. "This is what my mom used to do when I had a nightmare." I sipped the hot beverage. "Nice?" I nodded.

We sat in comfortable silence as we drunk our hot cocoa. "You're a dream come true, Clary Fray."

She smiled and jumped off her stool, grabbing my empty cup. "Let's just hope I'm not a real-life nightmare." She began to rinse out the cups.

"You are," she turned and gave me a fake scowl. "but the good scary." She turned back and rolled her eyes.

"Come on. Bedtime." He headed back to our room in silence. Once there we laid down with my head on Clary's chest and her playing with my hair. She kissed the top of my head. "You are my brave shadowhunter."

Alec:

(You still live at home for this)

As I lay in peaceful slumber I felt someone begin to shake my shoulder. "No." I moaned.

"(Y/N), please wake up." I heard Alec plead. That made me open my eyes and give him my full attention.

"Whats up baby?"