Your Job PT1

Jace: Antique expert

Of course, I'm an expert, I was there! I yell in my head. Due to being turned young people treated me like I was young.

I mostly answered online queries and skyped people about their antiques. I do the job for fun. Since I still had a lot of my possessions from the past I can always sell them as antiques at a ridiculous price.

But this time I had agreed to travel to England to inspect a 1830's vase. As soon as the man saw me he didn't trust me. That and I told him I had to meet him at night.

"Look, this craftsmanship would only be from the 1800's as the tools stopped being produced in 1847 after the company went bust," I tell him for the millionth time.

He looked at me doubtfully "How do you know the exact year it went out of business?"

"I'm an expert." I suggest "Are you paying to question me or for me to inspect the vase?"

It was the longest hour of my 400-year-old life. When I got back to my apartment via portal I saw Jace waiting on my couch. "Hey,"

I just groaned and flung myself onto the couch. he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and I rested my head on his. "Why do I even work? I made a fortune off of old clothes. Hell, I got 300 for old shoes from the 1800's last week."

Jace rubbed my shoulder "Calm. The idiots far away now."

"He's also pissed." Jace raised an eyebrow "I smashed the vase. He didn't believe me anyway."

Clary: Shadowhunter and trainer

Mainly I was a field shadowhunter, someone who specialises in missions. But I also like kids so at the weekends I train shadowhunter kids for some extra cash. It's actually good fun.

"C'mon Lizzy," I tell the eight-year-old trying to take me down "I know you can do it." she huffs and steps back before running at me again.

She manages to get my leg out from underneath me and I roll as I land. Quickly I jump up, grabbing her ankles and holding her upside down. She loves it and giggles. "Well done." I flip her so she's the right way up "One day I won't stand a chance against you,"

"Yeah right," she rolls her eyes.

I place her down "Keep up with your training and you will. Don't forget theirs a sparing workshop here tomorrow at 4. Invite some friends." She nods and runs off to get showered and catch a portal home.

"You're really good with them," I turn to see Clary standing in the door.

I shrug "I know. one of my many skills," I wink. she scoffs.

"Just don't teach them your arrogance."

I start picking up all the equipment we'd been using. "You know, you could always sit in on tomorrows class. I could use someone to spar with."

"The 8 years old not up to your standards?" She raises an eyebrow.

I shake my head "Nah, the opposite. I know I can beat you."

"Really? Try me," We spent the next half hour lazily training but mainly having a laugh.

Alec: Retail

"Mam I'm afraid you can't return that," I eternally roll my eyes.

"And why not?!" She asks like I had just called her baby ugly. He is but that's a different issue.