How you meet Jem/Will

Jem:

Ralf is dead.

He is-was my best friend. I knew he was mortal and would die eventually but not like that. I had helped him and his vampire lover Camille be together and that's what killed him. A vampire who hated the fact that a werewolf and vampire could love. Im alone now. My family is dead, all of my friends who were wolves turned on me. I didn't want new friends, I want him. He was there when my last sibling died, we had been friends for maybe a year then and that just brought us closer. Now he's gone. Along with my will too live. What's the point when all that you love is lost.

Thats why I ended up here on Blackfriars Bridge. Mundanes cant see me so that should let me do this with no objection. I swung my legs over the top of the bridge railing and sat on it. I move forward so that im now barely sitting on the edge. I look out at the water, its near midnight so the water looks inky with a bright moon. I just sat and waited. I don't know what for but I want to prepare myself. I inch forward a tiny bit while I hear a muffled voice.

I am blocking out the outside world so much so when the shadowhunter started talking all I heard was a small buzzing sound. It kept getting louder. I went to push myself of the last half an inch when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me over.

They had pulled me over so quickly I ended up lying on the ground. He crouched down and it was then I could hear him.

"Miss are you ok? What were you thinking?" He sounded concerned but at the time I barley noticed.

"Shadowhunter's don't understand." He furrowed his eyebrows before he went to speak, I interrupted him though. " We warlocks are immortal. That means our families die along with many friends. Ives lived the equivalent of two life times. Im just trying to let death collect me." What's the point in hiding it? I want to die anyway so it wont make a difference. He looked down with a clenched jaw.

"Life is precious. You shouldn't sconder what many people are losing." His silver hair was gleaming under moon light and his face was thin. Maybe he was dying.

"What's so precious about infinity?" I looked at him with teary eyes. What's so valuable about something that wont run out?

"Because you can help other until someone kills you. You can have as many lovers and friends as you so desire. You don't have to worry about what your friends will do without you and you don't have to suffer knowing that you're slowly dyeing."

"Like you?"

"Well I hopped it wouldn't be so obvious." he tried to chuckle. It barley worked.

"I've meet others like you. Though they weren't shadowhunter's or probably lived as long. Besides there is a price to limitless life. Death, lose and suffering until you take that into your own hands."

"Maybe so. But you can also help others or make new companions." He looked around before he just sat down. We had the opposite problems yet we both could relate. Death was ruining our lives.

We sat there until the sun started to rise. Sometimes we would tell each other stories from our own lives. But most of the time it was a comfortable silence.

"We should go. You are a busy shadowhunter." he offered his hand to help me up.

"True, hopefully your a busy warlock though you've not mentioned any customers." I just hummed in response.

"Meet me hear again tonight. That way I know you didn't reconsider before." I just nodded. As he walked away my heart felt a little warmer. I had no idea how much this one night could hurt my heart.

Will:

I was heading to an ifirit den for my mother. I don't know what for but she gave me a letter and some money and the name of the man to give it too. I don't even know what an 'ifirit den' is, all she said was do this or your never allowed back. I walked in and found that it wasn't as normal as I thought it would be. As I walked in I saw a man with purple skin. I froze in my tracks and looked around. There were strange creatures in beds and men admiring a silver powder. The man I had saw before started laughing at me.

"First timer? Ah as long as you got the cash and know what you want." I just nodded my head and handed over the letter. He scanned it over before telling me to follow. We walked through the room I had been looking in to a large mahogany door.

"Wait here." he walked off with that. I wanted to ask what this place was. And why were the admires of the silver powder staring at me. I got distracted by them as I heard someone else walk over. I looked up and saw the purple man from before joined by a man covered in tattoos. Strange, I thought.

"Looks like you aunt the only one looking for yin fen, mundie. I trust the shadowhunter not to do any 'hing to yeh. The seller will be here soon so get your cash ready." The 'shadowhunter' eyed me wearily. Then he started to get his money out his vest pocket. I looked down at the money I had been given. It was in an envelope but I hadn't checked it. I opened it to get a look when I saw it stuffed with money.

"Blimey" I whispered looking at it with wide eyes. Maybe this is why were poor.

"Why are you surprised with your own cash?" the man suddenly snapped me out my trance. I looked up at the tattooed man and then told him.

"My ma'am sent me. I didn't know what for or that she was wasting a weeks wages on god knows what."

"You don't know what yin fen is?"

"Dunno. Sounds foreign to me. Is it that silver dust?" I looked back to were the men were sitting, growling slightly.

"Yes but they aint men." I cocked my head to the side "their werewolves" I burst out laughing.

"Don't be ridiculous. Next thing you know you will start talking about warlocks and vampires. Or worse, demons." I rolled my eyes at him. At that moment a man came out the room with two horns on his head. My eyes bulged at the sight.

"Mundane eh? Well what a treat. Oh and our only shadowhunter customer! Do come in." He walked us in and handed the man a bag. The man gave him his money and went to leave before glancing back at me.

"I wont torch the mundane, shadowhunter." the horned man drawled, rolling his eyes. The shadowhunter left after a moment so I was left with the horned man. "How much you wanting?" still in slight shock with his appearance, I just thrusted my hand holding the envelope forward. He seemed to get the message and fetched two bags of the 'yin fen'. He gave me them and explained the ways to take it. It was at this point I resiled it was either drugs or medicine. I was hoping for the later.

As I left I had to walk past an alleyway. While walk along past I heard growling. I called out an 'hello' down the alleyway and walked into it slightly. A wolf suddenly pounced at me but before it could hit a glowing blade came out its back. It was the shadowhunter. He took my bags of yin fen and stuffed them in his pocket. "Don't you be going back for any more. This stuff kills."

"Then why are you allowed it?" I put my hands on my hips.

"Quite sassy for someone almost killed." I removed my hands and crossed my arms over my chest. "No need to worry. I quite like it." I just scowled. He looked down and sighed. "My friend needs it. Its slowly killing him but without it he'd die quicker and in pain."

"Im so sorry"

"It isn't you fault." He shook his head.

"I can still feel bad though." I rolled my eyes. "Tell him to keep what you stole from me."

"Thank you," He looked up and frowned. "Id best walk you home. You were right about vampires. And warlocks too but the vamps our out now." I looked up realising it was dark. I could vuagley make out 'people' walking with minions following. He told me to follow and as he walked and I followed behind one of the things made a lunge to grab me. I screamed and within seconds the 'person' was dead. He looked around, drew something on his arm and then picked me up and sped away.

He eventually stopped outside of an old church and put me down. He looked at me and asked "how far away do your family stay?"

"At least a 2 hour ride. And you didn't let me get my horse." he rolled his eyes.

"Looks like your staying the night."

"Why?"

"Because in the space of 20 minuets you've been exposed to the shadow world, bought yin fen, got attacked by downworlders and have meet the best shadowhunter ever." I don't know what a shadowhunter is but I still rolled my eyes. With that he took me inside and that's were things got even more complicated.