When You Had A Nightmare

Black. 

Everything around me is just pitch black and there's no sign of light or anything at all.

I find myself standing at an empty space and I wasn't sure why I am here.

How did I get here? 

Thoughts had been running in my mind like they're on a marathon and my heart started picking up pulses continuously.

I closed my eyes and think that maybe its just dark room just to reassure myself. When I started roaming around my surroundings, I couldn't feel anything nearby like an object or something.

I tried going farther but there seems to be no sign of anything tangible at all.

"Oh my gosh, where is here?", I said to myself, "I can't even see myself at all, oh no...".

Bit by bit, I started losing myself to point that there's nothing else here but myself and the dark.

"No...why am I here?!", I shouted and then started calling anyone in the room, "Hello! Anybody in here?!".

I phased around the strange pitch black area and to my horrible expectation, no one came - or even answered my pleas.

"Help!! Anybody?! Please, I don't want to be in here!", I exclaimed and I feel tears forming on my eyes, "I can't be in here...it's too dark and lonesome. I just...".

Tears started flowing down my cheek and eventually I feel on my knees before sobbing slowly.

"I just don't want to be alone here!!"

I screamed my lungs out and eventually, crying my eyes out.

"S-Shoto...where are you when I needed you?", I said softly and sniffed, "Please, please...I need you".

First thing that I came in my mind was my boyfriend but unfortunately, he never showed his presence.

I laid on the ground helplessly and eventually I can feel something grabbing both of my arms and legs.

"W-What the?!"

Then slowly, I can feel myself sinking into the ground and this made me freak out with hint of fear.

"Why am I sinking?!", I said and tried to use my quirk but it didn't work, "D-Dammit, its no use!!".

Half of my body is on the ground and my heart was beating faster from anxiety.

"No...NOOOOO!!"

And thus, I feel my body being sucked into the dark abyss.

...

..

.

"NOOO!!!!"

I quickly sat up from the ground and slowly catch my breath. I held my chest since it was pumping so hard and when I looked around, I'm back here outside U.A.'s open green field - under a big shady tree.

I sighed in relief thinking that I was actually going through a nightmare and then-

"(Y/N)?"

My eyes widened when I turned to my left, Todoroki was looking at me with a bit of shock in his face. 

After seeing his presence, tears were slowly flowing down my cheek. 

'Wait, why am I crying? And how did they...', I thought to myself then instantly remembered what happened in my dream.

I was late to realize that I cried during my sleep so I tried wiping them off but for some reason, it keeps flowing.

Todoroki seemed to noticed this and quickly scooted closer to me just to give me a big, warm hug.

"My love, you're crying", Todoroki said and asked with a full concern, "Is something wrong? Please tell me".

He parted just to look into my eyes before kissing my tears away.

"I...I-I had a nightmare", I said but partially sobbing, "E-E-Everything was dark and there's-".

I didn't seem to get the rest of the words out of my mouth but Todoroki reassured me by soothing my back and kissed my lips to calm me down.

I was able to kiss him back and when he parted, he said, "Deep breaths, (Y/N). It's okay now, you're here right beside me".

I nodded and did what he suggested by taking a few deep breaths and eventually, I was finally able to speak a bit properly now.

"And there's no one else but myself in that dark world", I continued and sighed, "I tried to call for help but no one came. I tried to call out your name but...".

I feel like crying again for some reason so I bit my lip.

Todoroki waited for me to finish my sentence then after taking a few more breaths, I looked at him and said, "...you w-weren't there too".

He raised his eyebrows with a hint of surprise and didn't hesitate bring me closer to him with his warm and chilly arms.

"There there", said Todoroki and patted my back, "Don't think about it, (Y/N)".

"It's nothing more than a nightmare", he continued and looked straight into my eyes, "Just remember that I'm always by your side because there's no way I'm going to abandon you"

I can almost feel beads of tears forming at the corners of my eyes but I smiled before my small tears flow slowly from the corners of my eyes.

"Thank you, Shoto", I said and pecked his lips, "I...I'm very happy that you're my boyfriend who's always supportive, hehe".

He gave me a soft lop-sided smile and pulled me into his arms again before both of us could return to class - since our break is almost over.