Chapter 1

The sky was azure blue, with rolling clouds in the sky. It wasn't that hot, but for Wei Wuxian, who was wearing mostly black, was complaining about being hot.

The juniors were behind their two seniors, talking amongst themselves. Lan Wangji attentively listened to his husband's rambling, chipped in some impassive comments such as; "mhm" or "good" and sometimes "nonsense."

Wei Wuxian was glad that he had someone to talk to, he loved how his husband listened to him, and chipped in when necessary. He sometimes wishes that in the past that he had listened to what Lan Wangji had to say to him, instead of assuming that he wanted to lock him up for going on the demonic path. "Wei Ying"

He was pulled out of his thoughts, he looked to his husband, "what is it, Lan Zhan?" Lan Wangji then held out his hand and said to him, "You got quiet all of the sudden. Something wrong?" Wei wuxian's eyes went wide and then realized, "Ah! Nothing's wrong!"

He waved his hands trying to wave off his awkwardness. The juniors behind them were eavesdropping on them and also noticed that their senior got quiet all of the sudden.

Wei Wuxian being the chatter box he was, couldn't take the silence anymore and asked about the night-hunt, "So, What is the mission, by the way?"

The juniors all stared at him in awe. Lan Sizhui, his adoptive son, answered him, "To get rid of a demonic being, who has been terrorizing the town." Wei Wuxian smiled and patted his head, "thanks!" Lan Sizhui blushed and smiled, "welcome."