Chapter 48- hauntings-case 1-dark magic-part 2

The next morning, Lan WangJi and Wei Wuxian were to investigate the city by themselves.

Wei Wuxian was making talismans to protect themselves Incase they needed to. Suddenly he felt something be put around his neck, he looked down and saw something metal.

He blushed, "Lan Zhan, when did you get this?" The necklace had their names on it.

Lan WangJi lifted him and put him in his lap to let him continue making the talismans. Wei Wuxian felt embarrassed and nervous, "Yesterday!" Lan WangJi answered him.

Apparently he got it yesterday while talking to the townspeople. Wei Wuxian smiled and giggled, "You spoil me!"

He kissed his cheek and then kissed his lips, "I love you so much! My heart is beating so fast!"

Lan WangJi then gets up to get his husband's clothes that he had washed, and undressed him. He first put on the thin under robe, that was white, and tied the strings to keep it in place. And then he put on the next part of his clothes that was red, this one was longer and thicker than his under robes, but still only came to his knees, then he put the black robe that went to his ankles, and an over coat, tying the red sash to complete the look.

Lan WangJi then grabbed the hair brush and brushed his husband's beautiful and silky hair, the hair was down to his thighs. He braided the sides of his hair and put it up in a neat, high ponytail. Tying the red ribbon, he tied it in a bow and gave the hair a few more brushes.
He then put Wei Wuxian's tights on him, and lastly his boots.

The necklace really complimented his clothes and made him even more beautiful. Lan WangJi stared at him, and Wei Wuxian got shy, "Lan Zhan! Hurry up and get dressed, stop looking at me like that! You're making me shy!"

Lan WangJi got up and put on his own clothes and allowed Wei Wuxian to do his own hair, Wei Wuxian brushes his hair, and braided the sides so he could put some of the hair in a bun. Lan WangJi handed him the headdress and he put the bun in the headdress and put the pin that he had gotten him. He tied a white ribbon in his hair and then tied the forehead ribbon on his forehead.

They had been living with each other for so long that they knew how to put each other's hair and clothes on each other.

Wei Wuxian grabbed the talismans he made and walked out of the room while holding Lan WangJi's hand.

They walked down the stairs and the rest of the group was in the dining room and Lan Xian ran up to them and told them, "Be safe!"

She smiled at her parents and they smiled at her, "We Will!" Wei Wuxian told her and she waved them goodbye.

They got to the city and Wei Wuxian winced at the bad smell, "This stink is very bad!"

Even if he had caused a massacre when he was younger, he would never get used to blood smell plus human waste. When he was younger the blood smell made him throw up, but he got so used to it that he almost forgot what it smelt like.

Lan WangJi squeezes his hand and he was brought out of his thoughts and he blushed, "What is it Lan Zhan?"

Lan WangJi pulled out a cloth and wrapped it around his nose and mouth. Wei Wuxian blushed, and removed it, "I'll be fine!" He got on his tippy toes and eyes half lidded he kissed his lips and smiled.

Lan WangJi dragged him to a body that caught his eye and he checked their vitals. Indeed they were dead, Wei Wuxian then noticed markings on the corpses wrist, "This.... what is this?"

He then took out gloves before touching the corpse, and he grabbed the wrist and showed it to his husband and Lan WangJi shook his head, "I don't know!"