Chapter 102- woken memories- part 4

In the middle of the night Lan Xian woke up, she walked to her parents room and knocked on the door, Lan WangJi woke up, "Who is it?"

"It's me! Daddy, I had a nightmare!" Lan Xian said meekly.

Lan WangJi woke Wei Wuxian up, "put on your clothes, Lan Xian had a nightmare!"

Wei Wuxian groaned sleepily, "En!" He gets up and puts on his sleeping robes, letting Lan WangJi change the sheets.

Lan WangJi puts on his own sleeping robes before opening the door to let her in, Wei Wuxian walks over to her and picks her up, taking her to the bed, "Mommy's sleepy, let's sleep!" He falls asleep holding her tightly in his arms.

She giggled softly, and waits for Lan WangJi to lay down before falling asleep.

He lays down beside them and wraps his arms around them both lifting them both onto his chest and watches Lan Xian fall asleep, before falling asleep himself.

Later in the day Lan WangJi was up around 7 am, and left the bed to grade papers, the soft light from the candle flickered, periodically he would look at their sleeping forms and a smile would form on his lips.

He doesn't know what made him fall in love with Wei Wuxian, who in fact is the same gender as him. He never thought he would have him, he knew it deep down in his heart that it was wrong in the eyes of society.

He realized the way he treated him was wrong in the past, which is the reason he changed his ways when he came back, he almost couldn't contain his feelings when he heard the song he made for him, the only person who had ever heard it. He knew it was fate.

Lan WangJi got back to grading papers and wrote comments here and there, then he came across his husband's report, wondering why it was in papers to be graded and saw his uncle's note, 'Please decipher this!' He laughed quietly.

He began reading what his husband wrote, he doesn't know how he can read his handwriting but he can, he deciphers the words and puts it aside to show to his husband later.

Wei Wuxian wakes up yawning, and slowly moves to not wake his daughter, he then sits in front of Lan WangJi and says, "Good morning!" He kisses his lips and smiles. He then noticed his report and looks at what Lan WangJi wrote.

He smiled and giggled, "You really get me, Lan Zhan!" He grabs an apple out of the basket on the desk and bites into it.

Lan WangJi looked at him, "En!"

Wei Wuxian then started grading his own papers, "They're improving! But not enough to go on their own! I remember when I first started teaching the older ones! They were so lost!"

Lan WangJi sighed, "En! I'm glad we could convince uncle to do this!"

Wei Wuxian smiled, "En! Say! Are we just resting today?!"

Lan WangJi shook his head, "You, Jiang Cheng, Brother, and I will be going to investigate while the juniors watch the kids. At 3pm."

Wei Wuxian nods, "Okay!"

Lan Xian woke up, and looked at what they were doing and decided to go mess with her brothers, "You're leaving?" Wei Wuxian asked as she was leaving.

She nods, "I'll go and play with my brothers!"

Wei Wuxian smiled, "En!"

Once they were alone Lan WangJi touched Wei Wuxian, "Let's finish these!"

Wei Wuxian nods, and gets to work.

They both work in silence for 3 hours, until Wei Wuxian notices he had one more left, and saw that Lan WangJi was almost done with his last one.

Lan WangJi puts down his brush and watches his husband grade the one he was on, and then watched him start on the last one and saw a smile on his face, "Who's is it?"

Wei Wuxian had happy tears fall down his cheeks, "Lan Xian!" She had wrote a paper with no mistakes at the age of 7.

Lan WangJi took the page out of his hands and he smiled, "She's a genius like you!"

Wei Wuxian was surprised by the compliment, "I may be a genius in cultivation, but apparently I was an idiot with love. I was so stupid to not notice that you loved me back. And I even accused you of liking Mian-Mian when you... loved me...!"

Lan WangJi was surprised that he remembered it today, he usually can't remember those times, "Wei Ying! You just remembered something that you've never remembered before!"

Wei Wuxian's eyes widened, "Eh! Could it be... that the demon used Lan Xian to get to me?"

Lan WangJi nods, "En!"

(Dun dun dun!!!! The demon had to use Lan Xian because Wei Wuxian is too powerful for the demon to tap into him on his own, he would have sensed the demon if that had happened. So he waited until Wei Wuxian was off guard, which in this case his daughter.)