Chapter 14- Nightmare demon

It was the middle of winter, the land was covered in beautiful white snow.

A man in black and red robes was sitting on the wooden porch, looking as if  he was waiting on someone.

It was below freezing and he was only wearing 2 layers. He was freezing. This man was Wei Wuxian, he had his hair down, but still had the red ribbon in his hair.

He was waiting on his husband, Lan WangJi, who was in a meeting with his Uncle talking about something important.

Wei WuXian was allowed to go but he wanted to stay back and think about things.

'Lan Zhan! Lan Zhan! We've been married for almost 10 years now.' He thought to himself.

He was so lost in thought that he didn't notice that Lan Wangji had put a white robe on him, that had fur.

He jumped. "Lan Zhan! You scared me!"

Lan Wangji hugged him. "Why aren't you wearing your winter robes? You'll freeze." He asked calmly.

He took Wei wuxian's hands and rubbed them to warm them up. Lan Wangji kissed Wei Wuxian's cold cheek.

"We're going on a night hunt. We need to pack. We're leaving today." Lan Wangji told him.

As he said that the Juniors walked up, they were all wearing their winter robes.

"Senior Wei, why aren't you wearing your winter robes?! You'll freeze to death!" Lan JingYi asked.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji went inside their shared room to pack things that they would need.

Wei Wuxian packed things for talisman making in case he needed to.

He then undressed. Lan Wangji looked at him with panic. "What are you doing?!"

"I'm putting on my winter robes. These are my summer robes, Hanguang-Jun!" He said with a punch.

His winter robes were black and red also but has fur embroidering it. He was wearing 3 layers this time.

He grabbed Suibian, and chenqing. He put his clarity Bell on his sash.

Lan WangJi grabbed Bichen, and his guqin, WangJi. He also brought along Wei WuXian's emperor smile.

They put everything in little apple's pouch on its back. The juniors packed apples for little apple.

They walked out of the cloud recesses and met Jiang Cheng and Jin Ling in Caiyi town.

Jin Ling conversed with the boys his age, while Jiang Cheng conversed with Lan WangJi and Wei Wuxian.

Jiang Cheng noticed that Wei Wuxian was actually wearing winter robes for once. He never did until he got sick when they were younger.

"I see you finally wear your winter robes before you get sick!" Jiang Cheng teased.

Wei Wuxian smirked, "Hmph! Lan Zhan begged me." He confessed.

"Isn't your 10 year anniversary coming up?!" Jiang Cheng rhetorically asked, knowing the answer.

"Yeah, why?!" Wei WuXian asked with curiosity.

Jiang Cheng jabbed him, "you've been together for 10 years!!" He slapped his back.

They stopped at an inn for the night.

The inn was decorated gorgeously. The outside was wooden, and furnished.

They walked inside and asked for rooms.

Wei Wuxian was of course rooming with his husband. Jin Ling and SiZhui, who were a couple were rooming together.

But the adults of the group told them not to do anything sexual until they are older. Even if Wei Wuxian was a flirt, he was the one who surprisingly said it first.

Jiang Cheng had a room to himself. Lan Xichen couldn't come because of meetings.

Lan Jingyi and ooyang roomed together.

The rest of the juniors roomed together in pairs.

They ate dinner in the dinner hall. Wei Wuxian drank a little bit but not much so he didn't get drunk.

Jiang Cheng and him bickered like siblings do. Lan Wangji was in the middle of them.

The juniors didn't know how he could put up with it. But jingyi and Jin Ling bickered too.

The other juniors laughed.

They had a night of laughter and bickering.

Wei Wuxian yawned, "I'm sleepy! Lan Zhan!" He told him.

Jiang Cheng smirks, "aren't we all?!"

They finished dinner and the servants picked up after them.

The inn keeper came into the room, "Young masters, is everything to your liking? ..... oh, what a pleasure to have the famous couple staying with us!" He was talking about Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji.

"Yes, it's amazing!" The Juniors cheered.

All of the sudden they saw Wei Wuxian's head droop on Lan WangJi's shoulder. He fell asleep.

The juniors stifled their laughter because Wei Wuxian fell asleep with his head on Lan WangJi's shoulder.

"Is he really an adult?!" Jingyi asked.

Because of how youthful he looked while sleeping.

Lan Wangji smiles. And picked him up and carried him to their room.

The rest of the group followed suit.

They needed the rest. The rest of the night was peaceful.

Until Wei WuXian woke up in the middle of the night, panicked and distraught. He was sweating and panting.

"Lan Zhan!" He called out. He shook his husband to wake him.

Lan Wangji woke up, his eyes widened when he saw Wei Wuxian shedding tears.

He frantically hugged him and wiped his tears. "What's wrong?! What happened?!" He asked.

Wei WuXian trembled, and sobbed, "I! I! Had! A! Nightmare!" His sentence came out jumbled. To be exact he mixed up word order.

But the parts that Lan WangJi understood was 'Nightmare!' He rubbed Wei wuxian's back and comforted him.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" Lan Wangji said in a comforting tone.

Wei WuXian often gets nightmares from time to time. The first time it happened, Lan WangJi didn't know what to do.

He's since learned how to calm his husband down. Wei Wuxian shook his head, "I'll tell you later..." he didn't finish his sentence because he fell back asleep again.

Lan Wangji rubbed his back for a little while longer. And fell back asleep.