Chapter 15- Nightmare demon part 2

The birds were chirping loudly, which meant it was almost 10 am.

Lan Wangji had been up since 5 am, and stroked Wei Wuxian's hair, His beautiful long hair.

He stayed beside Wei Wuxian since he had a nightmare last night, he couldn't leave his husband's side.

Lan Wangji was reading a book until a hand came over the white pages painted with calligraphy.

"Lan Zhan. Good morning!" He beamed, he had tear marks on his cheeks from the night before.

"Mn! Do you want to talk about the nightmare now?" Lan Wangji asked while stroking Wei Wuxian's cheek.

"I'll tell everyone about it! Isn't our case to get rid of a nightmare demon? I think I was affected by it." He told Lan Wangji.

They got up and got dressed to go eat with the others.

"You're finally awake!" Jiang Cheng scolded. He saw the tear marks on his cheeks and could tell that something was up.

"You want to tell us something, don't you? About the nightmare demon?" Jiang Cheng caught on quick.

Wei Wuxian sat down and cleared his throat, "Yes! It's about the nightmare demon. To be exact I think he's targeted me. I need to tell you the details of the nightmare. It could help with solving this case."

The younger junior's faces were stunned.

"Go on!" Jin Ling spoke harshly.

"Well! In my dream... I dreamt that my actual parents, adoptive parents and my sister and her husband came back to life. They found out that Lan Zhan and I were married, and tried to break us apart. I begged them not to. They couldn't accept that I was in love with a man. They called out relationship immoral. Again, the whole world was against me. They tried to assassinate me, and punish me for crimes I didn't commit. They called our relationship adultery. I saw a glimpse of a demon I didn't recognize and it mouthed something to me. Something like, 'I've got you. You're trapped.' But I can't be sure." He told them.

They were flabbergasted, "Past experiences with ones that never happened. Strange! But pfft! Who would force you two apart?" Jiang Cheng asked.

Wei Wuxian whipped his head towards him and was on the verge of tears, "this isn't funny Jiang Cheng!" He raged.

The juniors except for Jingyi were shocked that he could get angry. Jingyi has seen it once with the ghost bride case.

"No, I meant who would want you to breakup with Lan Wangji?" Jiang Cheng changed his wording

"I don't know!" Wei Wuxian told him.

"Wei Ying! You could have told me, I won't get mad at you!" Lan Wangji told him, and stroked his cheek to wipe the tears away.

He didn't realize that he had shed tears. And he leaned into the touch.

"Okay, love birds, get a room for that!" Jin Ling yelled.

"A-Ling, you're so rude!" Wei WuXian joked.

The innkeeper was eavesdropping on his story and butted in, "You're talking about the nightmare demon, the night hag?" He asked.

Wei Wuxian looked at him and smiled, "Yes, Why? Do you know something about it?" He asked excitedly.

Lan Wangji elbowed him to calm down. He crouched from the pain. And rubbed the place where he jabbed him. "Lan Zhan~! You didn't have to jab me!" He playfully yelled.

The innkeeper replies, "Yes, I know about it. The demon has been terrorizing this town for a century. Looks like someone Is finally getting help."

The group gasped. "For a century?! No wonder it gave me such a strong nightmare!" Wei Wuxian darkly said.