Chapter 84-jewels-part 5

The next morning, Lan Qiren decided to teach Lan Xian how to write, "Great Uncle, my hand hurts~!" Lan Xian cried out.

Lan Qiren moves to her side of the table, and put her in his lap, "Let's take a break then!"

She put down the brush and snuggled into Lan Qiren's arms, "I love you, Great uncle!"

Lan Qiren smiled at her, "I love you more!"

Lan Xian giggles, then made a pained expressions "When will mommy and daddy be well?! Why does mommy scold me for using my powers?!" Tears started to fall down her cheeks.

Lan Qiren caressed her cheek, "They will be well soon! And... he just doesn't want you to go through what he went through. Let's just say, the magic that you used, was forbidden at one point. But promise me, no all of us that you will never use the magic to cause people suffering, and never use the kiss of death magic. He's trying to protect you from the judgement of the world that he suffered. I don't want to lose any of you. ... I... ah sorry!" He started sobbing uncontrollably, he tightened his hold on her.

She trembled in his arms, "I promise! But I was just wanting to show mommy a paper man, and to show a performance with it. He's disappointed in me... I disappointed mommy." She sobbed some more.

"He's not disappointed in you! He was just.. shocked that you could do it at this age.. he told me that it took him forever to make the technique."

Lan Xian looked at him confused, "Make?"

Lan Qiren sighed, "He's the grandmaster of demonic cultivation! He's officially the first demonic cultivator that can actually use it effectively."

Lan Xian's eyes sparkled, "Mommy's strong! I wanna be like him when I grow up! Strong!"

"You've got to learn how to ride a sword first if you want to be like me!" A voice came from the entrance.

Lan Qiren scowled, "What are you doing out of bed?! Go lay down!"

Wei Wuxian scowled, "I was going to ask for the medicine and rag you never brought!"

Lan Qiren sighed, "Sorry! I'll go get it now!"

He put Lan Xian down on the floor and stood up, he walked to a shelf and pulled out a bin with herbs and medical supplies in it.

Wei Wuxian took the bin from him and left.

(I have to write an whole essay for English tomorrow, I'm going to sleep. I didn't sleep well last night. I kept on waking up every 2 hours. 😑)