Chapter 49-hauntings-case 1-dark magic-part 3

At midnight, in the dead silence of the night, a scream ripped throughout the inn.

Wei Wuxian and Lan WangJi both woke up, it was their own daughter who had screamed, Wei Wuxian panicked, and got up off of the bed, he put on his robes in a hurry and ran out of the door to her room.

Lan WangJi put on his robes, and followed him, they opened the door and there was Lan Xian, crying, and across from her was an old lady who looked like she had lost her mind.

The lady took out a knife and looked as if she was about to stab their daughter, Wei Wuxian's eyes turned red and his energy surged, "Don't you dare!"

The woman laughed, "Oh, poor child! You have two fathers." She tried to act like an innocent old lady.

Lan Xian screamed, "Leave me alone! And who cares if I have two fathers!" Her eyes turned red and she paralyzed the woman. Apparently she had inherited Wei Wuxian's demonic powers too.

Wei Wuxian was stunned and he laughed in shock, "She just.... paralyzed her."

Lan WangJi's eyes sparkled, she just stopped a ghost all on her own, at age 5.

"Lan Xian, you can exorcise her when we're done asking questions." Wei Wuxian winked at her.

She hugged Lan WangJi and cried in his arms, "Daddy, she tried to use forbidden magic. She even tried to curse me."

Lan WangJi comforts her and let Wei Wuxian ask the old lady some questions, "Are you the one who plagued the town? And why are you targeting my daughter?"

The lady glared at him, "Tell me who you are, pretty boy, and I'll tell you."

He hitched a breath and glared, "I'm Wei Wuxian, the Yiling patriarch, he is my husband, Lan WangJi, and she is our daughter Lan Xian."

The lady blushed, "I only wanted to talk with this dear child."

Wei Wuxian was losing his patience he wanted to curse, Lan WangJi took her outside of the room and Wei Wuxian yelled, "Did you fucking cast the spell or not?! Tell the truth!! I will literally smash you to smithereens if you try something funny!"

She sadistically smiled, "I did! I was trying to get revenge for the suffering I went through. And you the Yiling patriarch? What a joke!! You look too much like a woman!!!"

Wei Wuxian got angry, "Got a problem with me looking beautiful?! And I am the fucking Yiling patriarch!!!" He let his daughter exorcise her.

Lan Xian giggled, "Momma, I want to be strong like you and daddy!!!" Wei Wuxian tucked her back into bed and he kissed her forehead.

The next morning he bragged to his brother about how his daughter had exorcised at her age. Jiang Cheng almost choked on his food in the morning, "She... exorcised... at age 5?!!!!!"

The other juniors gawked at her, "She's strong!!!"

"Of course she's the daughter of my husband and I! Who's the two strongest cultivators in the world? My husband and I!!!" He boasted.

Jiang Cheng was annoyed, "Who cares!"

Wei Wuxian then spat back, "My daughter does! Hmph!"

Lan Xian laughed at their pointless argument, "You're funny!"

Lan WangJi and Lan Xichen were obviously annoyed at the pointless argument, they yelled in unison, "Stop!"

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng both stopped in horror and Lan Xian laughed some more at their expressions.